Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 06 Crossfire 600 in march of last year. Brand new.... I have three hundred miles on the machine.... What should I do to get it ready this year..... besides a good once over on the machine.... Im thinking that it is pretty much ready to go..... Just need that white stuff...

Rob

SWRules

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I picked up my 06 Crossfire 600 in march of last year. Brand new.... I have three hundred miles on the machine.... What should I do to get it ready this year..... besides a good once over on the machine.... Im thinking that it is pretty much ready to go..... Just need that white stuff...

Rob

SWRules[/b]

anything it needs other than gas should of been taken care of in the spring

·
Registered
580 Posts
YOu could do what I do when the sled is all ready to go but there's no snow yet- sit on it in the garage while wathcing TV and drinking beer...... My ZR makes a great TV watching seat!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pre season check list off the top of my head. Pop the hood look for any coolant hose or wire contact with anything sharp that could cause problems down the road. Check the belt deflection and inspect clutches. While your under there, its a good time to get to know your power valves. Clean, inspect and make sure the cables are adjusted to spec. 300 miles,track is probably broken in now. Adjust and align. I like to run on the loose side, promotes less rolling resistance and longer hyfax ware. A shot of grease to all fittings. And very important even on a new sled, check to make sure all the bolts in your skid and rails are tight. A slightly loose one can egg out the skid rails and you never find out till its to late. Have fun with the new ride this year. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts