Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm ready to tow whatever trailer I have to, this weekend I bought a new Yukon XL.  I was happy w/our conversion van, but the wife was tired of driving it, so this was the only other option we had  

·
Registered
346 Posts
Let me know what kind of gas mileage you are expecting while towing! I have a 23' river boat and sleds and am thinking of buying one of those to haul all the toys, but am unsure on the gas mileage!?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I had a '02 Explorer for about a couple weeks and ended up giving that one back and got a '02 XLT Premium Escape instead.  It's only a V-6 w/201hp, but it gets 25mph highway and 18 in town.  Not sure on mpg while towing, but it has to be better than the big boys by a little...
 I don't have a huge boat or anything realy heavy to tow, so the wife talked me into getting the Escape instead.  I wasn't even going to consider it, but after driving it for awhile, I  am very pleased with it!

Last edited by phazerhater at April 02, 2002, 08:51am

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
We've got an 01 Tahoe with the 5.3..I've gotten between 13-15 mpg towing the sleds. We tow on an open two place. Trailer and sleds probably weighs close to 2000lbs.

It all depends on the wind!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
we have a 00 suburban,  pulling a two place it will get around 15,  depends on how many people , gear ,wind,ect,  these have the 373 rear ends though,  so they will never achieve alot more mpg.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Those Yukons are awesome!  I wish I had the money for one.  I am thinking about getting a 99' Mercury Cougar.  Anyone have any insight on these?  Anyone own one?  What do you think?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
They fall apart too fast.  Like a Sunbird from the early 90s.  And no resale value.  Although, that means you could probably get a good deal on one.
You'd be much better off with a '79 Cougar.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am in the same boat as Mr. Frich. I ordered a new truck for towing my race trailer and sleds. I have a '02 F-250 crew cab powerstroke coming. Oxford white and Waldoch conversions will be striping it once it arrives. It won't be here until early May and I am already getting anxious.  

Plus I am getting two new race sleds for next season so I am really counting down until December. It is going to be a long summer but wife is due on July 4th so it will go by very quickly and my 3 year old keeps telling me he wants a blue Pro X. I guess I know what santa is bringing this year, a Pro X 120 done up in blue body work and yellow accents. He will be racing micros next year so it is going to be a blast!!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boots, like the others, i plan on getting about 15mpg towing...have had GM's for a long time.  My buddy towed w/his '00 Suburban for the first time this year...towing a 4plc non-alum enclosed, he got around 12mpg.  I work for a dealer who owns GM and FORD dealerships, it seems that GM has always had the mpg advantage over FORD.

Midnight, stay away from that car.  My buddy owns his own garage and says that is one of the biggest pieces of junk from his view.  One of the things he hates, is that there is apparently no adjustment available at the top of the shock tower.  There were many other things he rattled off, but that one sticks in my head.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Its seems that more people in the forums own Chevys,me included.Ford sells more trucks than Chevy so whats the deal.My opinion is Ford makes more of a work truck and Chevs are more for pleasure.My 2 cents

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
And dodge makes a mans truck
Nice and high from the factory with solid axles.Guess you can't get in on if yer wearing a skirt.lol just joking with ya boys.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (z800rtx @ April 03, 2002, 1:23pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And dodge makes a mans truck
Nice and high from the factory with solid axles.Guess you can't get in on if yer wearing a skirt.lol just joking with ya boys.
[/b][/quote]
I wouldnt count on that, I own a 3/4 ton dodge cummins diesel and I can get in wearing a skirt no prob! LOL

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have an '01 dodge quad cab V10 w/33x12.5 rubber. It doesn't matter empty or towing 2 sleds or 4 sleds mileage is 9.5 to 10.5 310HP 450ft.lb torque sure is nice on the hills

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I bought my dads 00 chev 5.3 and he got a new 02 Ford F150 with the 5.4.  On the highway he can't get better than 15 and I get about 20 if I drive good.  Can't believe the difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts