Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to put a cat converter on my mxz, by having splines put inside it. Just wondering who has tried what? Did you change jackshaft or machine your clutch? How do you like it? Worth the money? Just more things to think about in the off season. but thats what the whole winter was

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have the same plan for my polaris only much easyer to do I just have to set the offset and play with the helix and  spring until I get it setup.  In your case having to get splines but into the secondary is going to be expensive I would think unless you have connections.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a cat roller in my MXZ 700. I like the clutch. The clutches seem to run cooler during agressive trail riding. I used a different jackshaft instead of having the clutch machined. I like the idea of allowing the secondary to self center or float a little. I have since learned that do to a difference in diameter, the cat clutch will only shift to 1-1 vs. the .8-1 of the Doo clutch. At WOT on long runs this can cause a belt bind as the primary tries to shift farther than the secondary. I had a belt almost go while riding in Canada this year and traced the cause back to the above issue. I really couldn't complain too much because the belt had over 1250 miles on it anyway. For next season I'll adjust the gearing to compensate. my $.02, ronzx9  

1 - 3 of 3 Posts