Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a 19 year old girl today at cycle world that if I run injector amsoil in my Banshee that it would burn up in "2min".  I was directed to the 100:1 premix oil that was convieniently priced about 5 dollars more.

Does anyone else know if you can use the injector syntetic amsoil as a mix for my banshee Ratio is like 32:1, or will it blow up.  

She was very concerned that i would even think of running regular amsoil.  She said its becasue its thin and designed to run thu the pump but it cant be mixed.

I think shes full of it and i want to use my 34203 gallons of reg amsoil in my banshee.  

What do you think.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I mix amsoil for my snow blowers, outboards, 120 hp Jet-boat engine, 33cc Motorized scooter  

5 dollars does sound like cheap insurance though.......

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not the 5 dollars it because i got 32352 gallons of the regular amsoil and the only time i ever heard you cant mix it with anything was today by some inexperianced girl behind the counter.  I just thought she heard it from somewhere and might look into it.

But i used regular amsoil in everything as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Machzzzz1  You should be good to go. If any doubt I think it will tell you on the jug  how low of a ratio you can go.        eg-50-1/100-1
 32-1 should not be a problem.(man thats rich) I would think snowmobile oil is over kill if anything,due to the fact it is made with a low temp flow rate. Most are good for -40. I use my snowmobile oil in everything. If it burns oil with gas it gets my snowmobile oil.  I think that girl is snifing glue.  

·
Registered
37 Posts
Amsoil injector oils can be mixed at 50 to 1 if you want to use it pre-mix. the Amsoil 100 to 1 can not be used as injector oil. It can only be used as a premix.
Tom's Oil Sales

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You'll like running it in your atv, when you come back in from riding it, you'll smell like your sled!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I use TCW3 Klotz  in my chain saws and weed eater. It will be just fine. Tell her she needs an education. You would actually be safe at 50:1, but that is up to you to make that call.

Here is an idea, call Amsoil

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what i thought.  She even told me that 3 customers of the store blew up there engine within 2 miniutes becasue of running injector amsoil.  She shut me down.  

She is sniffing somthing.  But i emailed amsoil just to be sure.  I mean Oil is Oil.  The only thing is that the premix oil is thicker and i think wouldnt work in a injector pump, but both should mix, Thats what they do anyway.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I run Amsoil in everything I have that requires mix.  
You won't have any problems, but let us know what Amsoil says.

FishHog

P.S. why do you have such a stock of Amsoil?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FishHog @ Sep. 19, 2002, 08:24am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. why do you have such a stock of Amsoil?[/b][/quote]
We run amsoil in EVERTHING.Car, trucks, atv's sleds,lawn tractor. We love it.Every fluid in our truck except for coolant and windshield wash is amsoil.

P.S. Fishhog did you like my pic???

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Machzzzz1 Amsoil injector oil can be mixed down to  50:1
If the Banshee is a 32:1 , after break in I would run it 60:1 with the amsoil 100:1 pre-mix. What did Amsoil tell you??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I've been running Amsoil injector in my very modified, Vito engine Banshee, at 50:1, for three years now, in all kinds of temps and conditions, with no issues...Knock on wood.

AL

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So All, Your saying your banshee lasted longer then 2 Min.  I should go back to the store and tell her that.  

It would be like a new record.

Amsoil didnt respond yet, but ill post what they sent..

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LadyK @ Sep. 19, 2002, 08:34am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. Fishhog did you like my pic???
[/b][/quote]
What can I say Lady K..........

Your a Hottie.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No responce from amsoil yet.  Its been over 24hours now.  Thats a little poor.  But ill post it if it comes thru.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Machzzzz1: Permafrost said to phone the tech line the
# is (715)392-7101. This would probobly get you an answer quicker.

Maybe you should take a shovel for the chick at cycle world for all the b.s. chest waders may be a wise investment if it gets any deeper.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NO kidding.  I wouldnt have belived her but she was SO CERTAIN.  She wouldnt let me buy the other stuff.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok I called the tech line.  (Thanks LadyK.)  

THis is what the guy said.  

With yamalube use what they say 32:1 with amsoil premix 100:1 and with amsoil injector 50:1.

So Im still not sure.

I now have to bottles of 100:1 so im gonna use that at 32:1 for break in and then run that 50:1.  

Then im gonna use injector at 32:1 and check the plug after a few tanks.  Then maybe drop down to 50:1.

Does anyone on this site have a banshee and use amsoil.  I would like to hear your opinion on this.

THanks.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I can still feel the pain from handing over the cash for the Vito
moded Banshee motor. This is pretty much a full tilt racing engine run with Toomey T-5 pipes and a bunch of other mods I'm not going to get in to. I can assure you that if I thought there were even a remote chance of that motor letting go because of the Amsoil, I'd be running something different. The Amsoil is not going to hurt your motor. Go ahead and run it at 32:1 if you like, but 50:1 is plenty. You'll see plenty of smoke behind you even at 50:1. For a stock Banshee run normally on trails, I'd be tempted to run at 100:1.

AL

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok this is Amsoils responce.

"
Hi Martin,

The Person behind the counter is very mis-informed.  While the 100:1 oil is a good choice. You certainly can use our AIO injector oil and pre-mix at 50:1.  The 100:1 oil may cost more, but you are only using half as much,  so either oil will work.

Thank you,
Ed K
Tech Service. "

So the Girl behind the counter didnt know what she was talking about.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts