Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 99XC700 and bought 2 cases of amsoil. I talked to the guy I bought the sled off of and he said do not run this oil because it will foul plugs like crazy. He tried this oil in 99 and I dont know if the changed the formula or anything. But ive ran the sled in the garaged with it and let it idle for about 10 minutes and it didn't load up at all. Didn't have the chance to run it on the trail yet. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 99 xcr 800 Its always had amsoil in it (Series 2000) for 5000 miles, Ive never had any problems. If yours is jetted right you shouldnt either

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99xc700sp is that what you have I have hsd trouble with running diffent kinds of oil other then the polaris oil I had my bearing go out of mine and my dealer asked me why I was running a differt kind of oil in it and now I am running the Polaris oil it is only $15.00 a gal not much more then amsoil when I was running my sled wouldn,t prefrom as good but you do want you want I learned the hard way I wont run nothing other then OEM oil again. I think you sould run the Polaris Oil.

And I know that the 700 Rock N Roll Good Luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
It will not be the amsoil that is fouling your plugs. Check elsewhere. Jetting, float setting, perhaps the oil pump setting. I turned my oil pump down just a tad and have ran for two years with it like that, no problems. All I ever use is Amsoil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts