Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
others may have better results, but reg amsoil gunked up both my sleds and my outboard with thick hard to remove carbon-like crap. I use redline snowmobile oil for the same price.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've been using reg. Amzoil for two years also selling it my shop. I have not seen or had any complaints about this oil. The enginges I have serviced that have been living on amzoil have had below normal piston wear also. My best example of this were the 800 mxz's I updated pistons in last year. The ones that were on Amzoil had much more of the moly coating remaining on the piston.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was talking to a rep at milwaukee show and he said get the regular if you just trail.

the "2000 series" or what ever it called, is only needed if you are racing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I spoke to amsoil last week about this same question. His response was unmodded sled reqular The series 2000 was made for racing were cylinder temps are alot higher then we would ever see. Bottom Line is the series 2000 will not burn away in an unmodded motor having the potential to gum up (possibly) You can run it if you like but the difference in cost I don't think its worth it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
snow for jm is 100% correct. You're wasting your money on the 2000 series.

As far as the regular goes, I have used it since 95 in 3 different machZ's, an 670 HO and 500mxz with zero buildup on the RAVE valves. Awesome Chit :sly:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm trying the race stuff this season. I've only used regular skidoo oil in the past. I contacted Amsoil tech support to ask if the race stuff would be OK in a mostly trail sled with some lake time. Here's their response:

"The series 2000 will work just fine for this application. It all depends on your riding style. If you are going to be running wide open most of the time then again the Series 2000 is a great choice. if you are going to be riding "easy" most of the time, Series 2000 may build up and cause fouling. If this is the case, I would go with our AMSOIL AIO injector oil."

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The reg. amsoil is all you need, the race stuff is a lot more $$$, send the the saved money for gas.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Like these guys have said.

Reg, unless your racing.

FishHog

·
Registered
393 Posts
can you mix the regular amsoil with the series 2000 racing amsoil? i just bought a case of the series 2000 but if that oil doesnt work out i`ll switch to the regular amsoil, but was wondering what would happen if i mixed the two....thanks......mike

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Petestoy hit it right on the nose, the series 2000 will work but most riders do not have enough temps at trail riding to burn the oil clean. it will then leave deposits on the EX. valves and load up. run the regular, for $13.60 a gallon why try anything else. Rember you can pre-mix injector but you can't inject the pre-mix!When I switched over my Mercury XR6 150hp (outboard) I had to back off the idle screw, and that was @ 85:1 it now runs 9200 rpm @ 100:1. The bottom line IT WORKS.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Listen to the manufacturer's recommendations! Use the regular Amsoil synthetic for trail riding, and the Series 2000 for RACE ONLY applications. The series 2000 oil needs higher cylinder temps to see any benefit, and it will be more likely to foul plugs. On a trail machine, you will not reach those temps, unless you are holding it wide open across a lake for a long time. I run regular Amsoil when trail riding, and either Klotz or Series 2000 on my race MXZx 440. (Pre-Mix) But the 440 compression ratio is 15.5:1!

Run the regular Amsoil synthetic. By the way, the black crap on the belly pan will clean off with citrus cleaner and elbow grease. You have to keep up on it though...do it more than once a year!

Yes, you can mix them.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have seen the citrius cleaner, but where can you get that "elbow grease" I don't want to use mine!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hate to use that elbow grease too...that is why I make my wife clean it! :D

(I hope she doesn't read that) :(

I tried to buy an 02 MXZ 700 Adreneline in black last year, but I didn't snow check it, so I found one black one at a dealer and one yellow at another dealer...the dealer with the yellow one was $600 less than the black. I hate elbow grease, but hate getting greased for $600 more... :nervous:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts