Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried running Amsoil synthetic instead of polaris blue? Any problems? Better mileage?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have ran both series 2000 and the standard Amsoil synthetic.

I ran the series 2000 in my '01 Pro X 440 that was used for everything from sno-x to x-country to serious trail riding and never had a problem. As this was my race sled I went and checked and cleaned everything on a weekly basis. The VES always looked good and never needed much attention.

The standard synthetic injector oil was run in my wifes '00 XC 440 sp (edge racer) and worked very well. There was some carbon build up at about 500 miles but they were slower trail miles as she usually doesn't run it too hard.

In other words depends on what you ride and how you ride for which oil will work best for you.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Switching to amsoil is a smart desision. Just make sure you use up most of the oil in the tank before filling. The two oils should mix properly but better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Quit thinking about it and just do it. The standard stuff works fine. Shop around for your best pricing. A lot of dealers are gouging on this stuff.
Buy it by the case.
AL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, a local distributor just started selling it so im gonna switch. It sure costs alot less than the dealer. (canadian dollars) Hope fuel mileage gets better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts