Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 Lets get those designs going. Since the site is backed up right now My suggestion would be to send them to me at my e-mail address. Try to keep them in JPG TIFF or GIF format. No ZIP files. I am going to ask each person submitting a design... to only submit 2 designs. There is no sense in flooding my computer with too many variations and we want to keep this to a minimum.
  Label your design as your user name. I dont know what kind of shape were are going to use but lets keep it under 5.5"x3.0" this way we wont end up with any excessively large stickers. I will then (with the advice of the graphic designer) eliminate any of them that are too difficult to produce.
   After this is complete I will send the good ones (one from each member who submits) to corey to eliminate all but 10. Then you guys will have to vote on which one you want.
   I think this is a good start. If you have any questions drop a line in this post and I will try to answer you. Thanks guys and good luck

·
Registered
918 Posts
Maybe I am dumb but what if we just had a sticker that was about 1 x 8 and just said "snowmobileworld.com". I know a lot of people dont like anything too flashy on their sled, including me. If you put an image of a sled on there its going to look like one brand or another, theres really no way of getting around that. Besides the simpler it it the cheaper it is right? With just letters it would be a lot cheaper and we could even offer it in colors such as white, black and silver. Ok, thats my 2 cents, let me have it.
                         Ryan

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that we should keep it simple. 8" is a bit long. Like I said lets see what you guys come up with. It depends on how many designs I get. I would recommend to anyone designing one that we keep neutral colors. I would recommend staying away from Green, and Yellow. I dont know where you guys want to put the stickers but I think that light colors with dark letters would be better but its up to you guys. When it comes time to vote you guys will have your say I am sure we will have a good selection of designs given the talent of the membership.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I think I got the right topic, an 8" sticker would be fine. I think it should be in a relective material so it can be used as a safety thing. You could put it on your sled or on the back of your helmet. Would it be possible to get two sizes (that may be too expensive), if it were 4" it might work better for hood and helmet.

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to send 8" designs then you can but make sure there shallow hieght. I am sure a yellow sticker would look great on your black sled but I dont know if the polaris, yamaha, and cat guys would like that. I was tossing the idea around of a color option. This could be costly but I will look into it since I am sure it will be something you would want. The more we buy the cheaper its going to be so I hope that we have a lot of guys interested.
    Since DanR is already pushing color options I guess I can put him down for 50? LOL Keep em' coming guys

·
Registered
17 Posts
Way to complex.Keep it simple. 3" X 3" sticker one color no usernames is the way to go_Otherwise this will get too expensive and the site probably won't be able to get a tad of funding for their site.Put the year on it also to encourage yearly purchase.We want the site to stay running for years to come.

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are going to be multipurpose stickers. 3"x3" would be too small for a vehicle or Our trailers. we want something visible. I dont think that we should use any designs that look too cheap either, we dont want to look like a cheap website. The year idea is fine, someone will have to incorporate it into there designs.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
i used to work for a sticker making company and color is not a big deal its making the first one thats coasty after that the rest is easy. just switching rolls of color is not a big deal. i can tell you that a 8'' long by 2'' high yellow sticker would coast about 50. cents to make so if its any where between 2.50 to 4.00 a sticker it would be a good price ! Im working with a guy that might get some for cheap so il keep you posted !

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like the idea of having a few different color options.  Also, I like the idea of the reflective sticker for safety but that might be costly.
Having 2 or 3 sizes would also be great.  Say a small size for a helmet or sled, a medium one for a sled or truck, and a big one for a truck or a trailer.
I think a simple design is best, such as "www.snowmobile world.com"  I don't think you need a picture of a sled, I mean snowmobileworld pretty much sums up what the site is all about.

just my 2 cents

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think reflective might be expensive. I will have to wait till I get a couple of designs together before I meet with the dude. In the mean time I hope I have a few designs in my e-mail box when I get home from work

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I think an idea wouold be to have a transluscent sticker so that whatever color our sleds are is what we would see.

Another idea is have just white letters with a black outline so whatever color sled you have you can still see it.  

......just an idea

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd be willing to be willing to pay extra for reflective sled and helmet stickers, if it comes to that.  If it saves just one or two of us, it would be worth it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I would actually paye to have my member name on the sticker so people can recognize me on the trail, and I can recognize them.
 8" would be the best size to put on the sled, and yes it should come in different colors, and reflect at night. just my two cens.

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As far as colors go no big deal. We are finding out if the reflective is possible. User names and sizes are not options right now.
    The problem is that sizes are going to cost double and they would have to be ordered in a minumum of like 250. As it is I am going to have to order 500 of the sticker we choose in a 3x5 or 3x6 size. I dont know whats going to happend if we dont sell 500, so I not in a hurry to get larger size stickers just yet. I think we should work on one thing at a time. If the stickers are a flop then there is no need to order 250 stickers that are 5x10 or so. I know that some people have expressed there interest but we'll have to see first.
    I have only received 3 designs so far I think that is because you guys cant send them through the in house mail system here I was unaware I had to leave my e-mail address so here it is

[email protected]

Thanks, I will keep you posted

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not one to create a design, but i'd definatly be interested in buying a sticker or 2.  

I like the idea of stickers including our usernames as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts