Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
W/ bro & I buying new sleds we have the spare DESS cords from our old sleds. This has been asked before, but I can't find a topic. It's the MPEM that is programmed right? Not the DESS cord.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I asked my dealer to program my old spare key onto my new sled which he did.
Then asked him to program Cody's spare key for my sled as well and he said that it would wipe out Cody's code. That it could only be programmed for one sled at a time.

Then through the long hot summer as I'm reading an old issue of Snowtech to try to hang onto my sanity, they state the opposite.
You can program one key to work for several sleds. The dealer does need both the sled and key to program it.

Not sure if that answers your question though, as I'm not too sure it's the key gets programmed or the sled. It makes sense that it would be the sled and the key has the resistor in it that the sled senses and recognizes to be a ligitimate key.

Jeff

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
right rev, the mpem holds several differant ones. all my cords are programed to all my sleds. Jeff , right the tether has a resistor that the mpem sees and oks.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When all else fails, read the owner's manual :undercover: It says the MPEM can be programmed to accept up to 8 DESS cords.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
When all else fails, read the owner's manual :undercover: It says the MPEM can be programmed to accept up to 8 DESS cords.[/b]
I found that last night going thru my new owners manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts