Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i just want to say, becarful and think twice before ya fly. because my good  friend just died last night with a machine. Also its just another lesson learned the hard way. His dad just bought a new XC 700. Had not ridden it yet. Last night got about 4 inches. Him and his son went out on the same sled. The father made it, but my friend didn't. My friend was just 16. Don't know why they would ride 2 up on that sled but... its too late now. I just posted this hopeing that maybe i could make a difference. Please think before you do something stupid.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Thanks for sharing your pain with us. It is never easy losing someone.
We all have to respect our rides and make it home safely

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, Edge - I am very sorry for your loss.

But on a positive note, by sharing your story, you may have helped someone here think twice and be just a little more careful.  Thank you for that.

small consolation but at least it is something.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I think that on behalf of everyone on this board we can offer condolences on your loss Edge. It is terrible to lose a young life, especially that of a friend.
     Let's just make sure everyone learns from these situations!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend, My Condolences go out to you and his family.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
My condolances to you, your family, and their family.  With this trip that I'm getting ready to take in a few weeks will be the first time I've ridden a machine in five years.  I will DEFINITELY remember to be extra careful.  Thank you for sharing your loss.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
My condolences too...sorry!!!

Saw a guy last week in Munising, MI laying out on the road...we were first ones to come by after he hit a tree.  He was unconcious for about 20 min.  His teenage son was riding behind him and saw it happen.  We finallly got the ambulance (and police, he had too much to drink) and he eventually came to...we left the next morning, hopefully he made it.  It was the first time I had seen something like that in 20 yrs of riding and it really made us stop and think.

Everybody take care and remember the important things!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys i got the story a little straighter now. I went to the hospital to see the dad. He has a few broken ribs. But my friend was the one driving. the dad had just gotten that new 700. They were in the back yard. He opend it up and was going very fast. He hit a patch of ice and the sled went sideways. The dad flew off and landed on the ground. The kid flew off and hit a tree. when the dad woke up my friend was gone. So the dad went back to the house. My friend had some how made it back. My friend said he felt like he was sick, and collapsed. He died right there. Can't believe he is gone. Guess he couldn't handle the sled. He was used to a 98 XCF. Very sad, i would like to get his story out, so if anyone knows of a way i could do that, like joining a club or something, i would do it, please let me know if you have any ideas. My email is     [email protected]       thanks dudes

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Edge- you and your friends family have me and my family's
deepest sympathy, I know it's tough to lose a friend.
                             Walter and family

·
Registered
82 Posts
Edge,
Very sorry for the loss of your friend. All of us must ride with caution because that patch of ice could be just around the corner for any of us. Every body has to keep your friend in their minds so his accident is not in vein.
 Sorry again,
  Jemms

·
Registered
333 Posts
My sympathy to you and your friends family, I lost a friend in a sledding accident 2 years ago and it is not easy. It helps to share the pain.Talk with friends or talk to us here.
 Rodney.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You may want to try and contact the local paper, you might get them to run a story on it.  
very sorry about your loss

- jason

·
Registered
741 Posts
My sympathy goes out to you Edge. I lost a guy I know last year, although I had never ridden with him, I knew him from town. He was only 21 and you should have seen the people at the funeral home, it was terrible. I was with a guy and saw him wreck about four years ago, he was 30 and had been riding since he was 1. ( in a cutter of course) He took his eyes off the trail for a minute, and went off the trail. Luckliy he was only going about 25 and shattered hi elbow and broke his scapula. It makes me think every time I ride. HOW WOULD MY KIDS DEAL WITH ME LOSING MY LIFE ON A SLED.
Mr. SIV, I don't think I would call the paper, we get a bad enough rap as it is. It will probably be in the paper anyway. Kevin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts