Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 Elan 250 with issues. Somewhere it is picking up air in the fuel line. You can see it from where it tees off up to the primer and down to the carb again. When running you can see that the fuel and air to and from the primer continues to flow. Because of this I cannot get the motor to idle. I have replaced all the fuel line, put a new kit in the fuel pump, and replaced the rubber boot between the carb and engine.. As I remember, as it has been since last year that I enjoyed the machine, the fuel should not be flowing in the primer tubes when the engine is rinning. My next move is to buy new a primer, complete fuel pump, the intank filter and the rubber grommet on top of the tank. Just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Firstly, is it air in the hoses or water? (water looks pretty similar when running through fuel hoses as air bubbles to in my experience).

If it is air...
Before buying a primer, once you get the sled running you can crimp the hoses to/from the primer to test.

Is there air in the hose leading TO the primer? what about in the hose coming from the tank and/or filter?

You should be able to follow your hoses around to a point where there are no air bubbles, whatever component is between the air-less fuel and the bubbles is likely to have a air leak.

Hope this helps.
Ad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts