Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the performance difference between a 286 and a 295 ramp's?? They look nearly identical to me.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rotaxmandan, then what is the difference between a 286 and the 287 ramp?? How is it better??

·
Registered
107 Posts
the 287 is more aggressive than the 286 laid down more on bottom and top end, will pull harder, the 295 is a more aggressive ramp than the 286 also but it is also longer which mean u cant use a heavy adjustable pin kit with em cuz they will hit the clutch tower when you are towards the end of the ramp. thats why the 287 is reccomend for when u wanna do clutching work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I run 295's with the heavy pin kit and do not seem to be hitting the clutch tower like was said.These ramps work well in my 800. !!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
That could be true what clicker position are u on? i know the 298's for sure and like 297 will do this i thought the 295 would also, maybe your clicked up high enough so it misses it, take your clutch apart and see if there are any marks on the towers. jus my .02

·
Registered
264 Posts
The 297 is identical to the 287 except in the early stages of the profile.
It does not hit with heavy adj pins. If it did , so would the 287.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have my clickers in #3.I still have the adjustability i want.When i started adding weight this is where i wanted to stay .I'm up to around 22 grams.#3 works good with my setup in the trails and for the ocassional drag race with my buddys on the lake. :devil:

·
Registered
107 Posts
HO Rider u said if the 297 would hit hit so would the 287's i dont think so there different ramps the 297 are longer than a 287 which is why a 287 wont hit there shorter than the newer style ramps, the 300 298 will work on clicker 3 or higher u drop below that and you will hit, i bet if u drop the 295 to clicker 1 or 2 it will hit also, zx rider said he was on 3 thats why its probably working for him.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wasn't Crankshop selling 297's in their clutch kits for 700's?(I might be mistaken on Crankshop,but i know somebody was selling clutch kits for 700's using 297's).I will check the tower for marks,but the original 301 ramp is long also. ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Also would depend on the gearing of sled, a very low gearing (high numerical number) would allow full shift out on ramp which could, on some ramps cause the arm/roller to hit, whereas tall gearing (lower number) won't allow full shift out.
Just wanted to add this in !

·
Registered
264 Posts
Rotaxmandan: I just dragged out my racing handbook as I was sure the 287 and 297 were the same except at engagement. Unless there is something wrong with my manual, this is true.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your missing the point, although ramps look very close on paper when u put them side to side in front of you is where u see the difference, the point is the 297 is longer than the 287 causing it too come closer to the clutch tower on a full shiftout.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The tracings of the ramps in the handbook are to scale. All of the ramps that I have fit perfectly inside the tracing with no error. This is true for at least 7 different ramps including the 297. I can take a 297 and place it on the outline of the 287 and it fits perfectly except for the engagement portion of the ramp. Length is exactly the same.

This isnt for argument purpose, it has just been my experience that the tracings in the handbook are exact. Unfortunately I dont have a 287 to compare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts