Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper mix ratio of antifreeze to water for a sled engine??
We need to settle an arguement!
Thanks Rodney

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The skidoo manul says 60-40....mix it in a bucket then pour into the tank I think.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
The supreme High Lord of Snowmobiling is absolutely right.

A different mix, will just adjust your freeze/boil protection level.  It should be listed on the container, but for sleds 60:40 is optimum.  

FishHog

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes 60:40 is what is often recomended for snowmobiles because it has a lower freezing point.  If you don't have extreme cold, a 50:50 mixture will offer optimum cooling capability.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I believe the correct anti freeze mixture is 1 part Canadian Club Whiskey and 4 parts Coke, add ice to suit. Then your sled will run better than you can believe or so I am told .....

JK    lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the responce.60/40 is what I thought.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Indy --- I believe it is 4 parts Crown Royal...add Coke to colour ...... at least that's what we use for the outdoor hot tub parties when it's -30C....
 (If you're gonna drink...drink like a Ukrainian&#33

·
Registered
416 Posts
there ain't nothin like a drunk Ukrainian. Ukrainians rule.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I can't believe you guys would add coke to Crown Royal. A tall glass with lots of ice and 2-4oz of the Crown and sip away. At the very most you should mix it with water.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I guess we're not as civilized as you zert!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
As long as I can wash it down with a beer, I'll drink it anyway you want me to Zert.

FishHog

In order to think like a fish, you have to drink like a fish.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've always done the 50:50 mix.  Just put half of the antifreeze in a gallon bottle then fill it up with water.  Then use the regular antifreeze bottle and fill it up with water.

·
Registered
416 Posts
And how does that taste?..........Oh ,sorry, I thought this was the alcholics post. 95% beer 5% clam is the only cure for that whiskey hangover. Why feel like poop in the morning when you can keep it going!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
LMAO

·
Registered
413 Posts
Can you use regular automotive anitfreeze or do you need to buy snowmobile antifreeze?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Thats a good question jayjay. I know i use regular automotive antifreeze, I never even thought of snowmobile antifreeze. Is there a difference?
As for the other antifreeze, I don't buy Crown Royal as whiskey doesn't last long in my house and for the price I can almost get two bottles of Golden Wedding or Gibson's.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i have always used regualar antifreeze(or automotive)  but i mix mine at a 50/50.    also why is the alchol so expensive up in canada anyway?   thanks

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Antifreeze is antifreeze..it doesn't matter as long as it is safe for aluminum engines.
You're right zert...I only drink Crown Royal if someone else brought it
Otherwise it's Wisers with the odd Wild Turkey...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts