Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 MXZ 600 RER with a B&B eliminator silencer. Just looking for anything to do that will give me an edge on other sleds. Looking for engine mods, intake, traction, weight loss. Kinda new to sleds but I'm pretty good with quads and cars.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
clutching.

·
Registered
692 Posts
what are you trying to do ?

top end or low end?

with that b&b id clutch it id also run 96 picks down the middle. reeds will wake her up,

·
Registered
677 Posts
if you have some cash to spend then you could go with crank shop twin pipes 10hp with 3-4lbs of torque along with cylinder porting 6-8hp and v-force delta ll reeds,they will tell you what clutch setup to use,but you may still have to fine tune it.i ride with a guy that has this setup and his sled screams,i believe he ran 94 or 95mph in 1000ft.You wont see a stock mxz 600 come anywheres near that,in fact he beat a bunch of mxz 800's.the boys at the crank shop really know what they are doing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What is the avgerage cost for a set of twin crankshop pipes?

·
Registered
171 Posts
the cheapest bang for your buck is definitely clutching. IN terms of free stuff, make sure your clutches are properly aligned, track tension and alignment are ok. One final cheap tip is to check your exhaust gaskets to make sure they are matched to the port (reduce restriction and turbulence and gain very slight increase). In the not-so-cheap I have heard good things about both SLP and Dynoport single pipes. You may also want to look at an RKT head.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Jacked,
A set of twin crank shop silenced trail pipes are $450.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Clutching, clutching, clutching! Get a hold of Goodwins catalog, start with a heavy pin set. Test, Test, Test. This is the best place to find the edge your looking for and all for $26.00.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanna still be reliable and yet fast. I have a 400ex with $3000 into the motor. Fast as hell and killed everything in the dunes. A year later the motor blew up ( I wasn't even riding it!) Still can't figure out what happened. Anyway that is way I don't really want to beef it up too much. OOOh by the way, it cost me another $2000 to get it rebuilt. When they blow, they blow BIG!!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
SLP makes a very good pipe for that sled, and proper clutching is also a necessaty. After that, Boyesen reeds are nice, and maybe a set of the SLP air filter kit also.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have had no problems with my mach z at all, i'v got crank shop pipes and delta ll's. A good port job done by professionals will make your motor run more efeciently and cooler at the same time giveing you more hp, you just have to keep an eye on your plugs and piston wash to make sure you have the correct jetting. I wouldn't recomend haveing someone port your cylinders in there garage, you dont want some gomer in there who hasn't got a clue. All the guy's i ride with have moddified sleds, done by proffesionals and we have had no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts