Snowmobile World banner

Any complaints in m-10

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  slarson 
#1 ·
all i hear is how good it is ,the m-10.does any one out there not like this skid.like can you jump it or just goof around on it and have fun .or is it built to stay flat on the trial to soak up bumps and thats it .would realy like to know before i sno-check.

#2 ·
Can the M-10 jump? Without a doubt, yes. Flat, nose high, or nose way high, exellent control.

It does not like to play the ski lifting weight transfer games that the Xtra-10 with the rear block removed likes to play.I'm not sure the Edge will either, haven't been on one set up that way. After riding the M-10 in all other situations you might miss that, I know I do, but there is so much more there in the M-10 you'll surely decide the trade-off is worth it.

When ordering a new sled there is no doubt about whch suspension will work out best 99% of the time. It would have to be the M-10. You won't have any trouble believing that once you run it.

AL

#3 ·
The only complaint I have is that they can be a little more maintance than mosat but it is well worth it. If you snow check go for the ACE upgrade.  Makes adjustments a breeze.

#5 ·
You'll be ready to ride like the energizer bunny. You'll have no fatigue after 150 plus miles and you can keep going and going and going. bring on the bumps! you will lose appox. 4-6 mph in top end becaise of the angle of the skid vs the EDGE rear skid. but keep the faith, you'll be so far ahead of the pack it won't matter, unless all you do is lake ride SNOW CHECK already will ya, you have only 4 days left!. My new 03 in black is already on it's way. I hated the blue....

#7 ·
Remember that the factory option M-10 is different from the consumer version. And every Polaris dealer told me to go with the Edge skid for any type of ditch banging. The 10 is definetly plush though. It's the Polaris version of Cats ZL line basically. Power and comfort.
caleb

#8 ·
2002mxzx,
 i have followed a girl that has M-10 {600 classic} now for 1500 miles, she is hard to follow on groomed trails because the M-10 hides the unexpected that you can see usually see from following a normal suspension sled. but when the roughies get under her she is in trouble, the M-10 handles the onezies and twozies and threezies great but anymore and the sled will even slide sideways. i don't know why but the real rough is not for this M-10. once again the very best groomed trail suspension.

#9 ·
I would say the edge suspension with the fox clicker shock is the way to go for the big bumps and ditch banging.  M-10 is more of a trail suspension if you ask me.

#10 ·
Anyone that thinks the M-10 won't handle serious chop as well as, or better than, any other suspension available, either doesn't have any personal experience or hasn't been on one that's properly adjusted for your weight and the conditions you encountered.

Will it do everything as well as possible with no adjustments required? No, but no other suspension will either. That's what the ACE kit is all about. Once the sled has been set for your weight, the ACE unit will allow for adjustments, on the fly, that will control shock speed (dampening), effectively making it the only suspension available that will not only handle the rough and whoops, but also provide that great ride on a freshly groomed trail.

If you are setting up a sled for MX style action, and that's all it's going to be used for, THEN, I would fully endorse the Edge.
This sled will never have the potential for the awesome ride provided by the M-10, no matter how it's adjusted. It WILL have the capability of being properly set up for the rough stuff, whoops, and jumps. To do this, Polaris has installed very heavy springs. They make up for a lack in the dampening
department, and are the reason an Edge doesn't work as well on a smoother trail. Install lighter springs to cure this problem? Nope, then you lose the capability to run in the rough. The M-10 is the only suspension that will do both well without swapping parts.

The decision is a personal one, nobody else can make it. I just don't see how anyone but somebody racing on an MX track regularly would be ahead with the Edge.

Comparing an M-10 to a ZL suspension is comparing apples with oranges, they aren't even in the same class.

AL

#11 ·
Michahick,
   The cat zl has the new ss rear skid that is way better than the m-10 if you want to get down to it. But what i meant was that the M-10 equipped sleds are for trail cruising bith big power on tap, just not big bump abilityy like the Edge. But I'm a AD Bovian Expert-X guy personally.
Caleb

#12 ·
I know magazines have to be taken with a grain of salt, but Snowtech keeps saying that they would take an M-10 over the Edge any day unless Drag Racing or Deep Snow performance was your concern. I know a couple people who are VERY happy with the M-10, except they get stuck easier in deep snow because there is less track on the ground. One of them owned an M-10 last year, went with the Edge this year and was sorry he didnt get another M-10. In 03 it will be M-10 for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.