Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i jus put on my slp air horn intake vforce reed valves and my boostbottle, and my sled will only run on one cylinder, ive had a long ### day and my mind isnt really workin as well as i would like it to, does anybody have any ideas of wats goin on or wat i can do to fix it..

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Try new plugs, then try switching plug wires to the opposite cylinders. The first thing to figure out is always if it's the cylinder that's not firing, or the electrics that's the problem.
By putting the pulling the plug wires one at a time, and finding out which cylinder is not firing, then putting the plug wires on the opposite cylinders and doing the same test again you can figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Also, check the compression of both cylinders. That may tell you something as well...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already checked my plugs and switched the wiring, it seem the only the left cylinder wants to fire, my brother and i chcked the compressoin too, and it was fine....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got some ideas, i was talkin about it with my mechanics teacher(yes im still in school im only 15)lol, and we came up with some things, our first thought was, being summer and all, it might be soo loaded with #### that no matter how good the plug is sparkin, if theres too much oil its not gonna ignite, so imma spray some extremely flamable carb cleaner into it to burn that #### out......any feedback one this one of my many plans to fix this problem........

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
you can seize your motor running it on carb cleaner or ether. be careful. sprying cleaner in there will wash all of the cylinders lubrication off. i would clean out the carbs and see if the exhaust has a mouse nest in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well its not like im gonna load the #### in there, jus a lil spray to help light things up, thanx for the tip though, never did think of that

·
Registered
496 Posts
Did it work before you started ? If you didnt check you will now have learned to run stuff before you take it apart.

If it worked just before you did stuff I would retrace my steps and take it all apart again making sure the reeds are ok and you have all the lines on the carbs and the intakes are on completly and screwed on.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Did it work before you started ? If you didnt check you will now have learned to run stuff before you take it apart.

If it worked just before you did stuff I would retrace my steps and take it all apart again making sure the reeds are ok and you have all the lines on the carbs and the intakes are on completly and screwed on.[/b]
Words of wisdom there for sure.

I wouldn't spray anything down in the cylinders to clean out the fogging oil. If you've had it running on one cylinder there can't be that much in there, and it's just a matter ot time before the second one will pick it up. If it doesn't happen pretty quickly, you've got other issues.

Good point Bonedaddy, I never thought to ask if he had it running before the new reeds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ight guys, thank u for all the input, im gonna take it all aparts, except for the reeds, so if that gets me anywhere, and if it does ill keep addin on till i find wats causing the problem, thanks so much for everything

1 - 14 of 14 Posts