Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My sister has a 2000 Z 370 and with everyone in the family now riding sleds that are at least 600cc, she is worried about getting left behind.

Is there anything that can be done to the 370 fan engine to give it a bit more power?   Maybe a pipe, adding a second carb.

Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
959 Posts
you could  maybe get it bored out or add pipes and a clutch im not sure if they make a clutch hit for a 370 but someone prly does

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Your gonna want to avoid engine work.  You dont have the luxury of having liquid cooling.  The more power you squeeze out of it the more heat you will make.  This could cause overheating and i would rather drive a slower sled then one overheating.

You could get a pipe for it but gains are questionable on this size of engine, stock pipes for this size are normally really good.  May be wrong.  

You could do a lot of things to this engine but it will never keep up or be in the neibourhood of a 600 well remaining reliable.  Maybe a sled upgrade is inorder.  Or maybe a diffrent sized engine for that sled.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Your pretty much fighting a losing battle there. Black Magic is the only one who sells a clutch kit for that sled. Other than that your pretty much stuck. The sled should keep up just fine with a 600 on the trails though,but if you get on a lake you'll be left behind. It can depend on how agressive the rider is too. There isn't much out there for the smaller sleds, if possible and upgrade is the way to go.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had two 370's and looked into more power for awhile.  You could go with taller gearing for more top end speed, but you only need that power 10% of the time.  My wife and I rode with 600's and 700's, and we kept up just fine, except for the lake.

Black magic used to make a dual carb kit.  All you need to do is buy the air intake tube for the 440 and another carb and cables for the 440.  This would be your best bet.

A

·
0 Posts
Why don't you leave it alone and let her gain experience then upgrade to a faster sled.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not that she doesn't have much experience.

She's now 25 and has been riding since she was 9 or 10.

She bought the 370 a year before she got married because it was a really good price and she isn't one to tinker so she bought a brand new machine.

Then she went and got married and her husband already had a ZR600.  They were planning to upgrade to a ZL 500/600 and give the 370 to our younger brother, he's getting bored with his 92 Safari and wants something a bit racier.

Anyway, those plans got shot down with the arrival of their new baby.

They already have him wearing Arctic Cat clothing.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I don't know if this is possible or if price versus gain would be worth it.  I know some people that wanted more power out of a 500lc so they put the topend off a 600lc on and took clutch, carb, and gearing setups for the 600.  The bottom ends of these two engines are the same and I would guess they are the same for the 370 and 440 fans but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm sure that she can get over $2k for it and then use the money to buy a used zr440 or (rocketship) 500. I saw the 500's going for under$3k last year. So she'd spend the same oveerall or less depending if she had a dealler install the pipes. Plus a zr will be so much more sled.
Caleb

·
Registered
215 Posts
no offense but why bother putting money into a z370?  it is points to mod a sled like that.  YOur better off getting her a new one..don't waste money in one of those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts