Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, its been awhile and we have snow and my kids have their permits so they have been bugging me to get the sleds out. One of the sleds giving me problems is a 94stx with a 583 she had been running very rich and smoked(that was about a year ago) so I had the dealership look at it and they had done some adjustments but I never got to take it out due to lack of snow (they did a comp test said it was 135#). I drain the carbs for storage and fog the cylinders. So now (with fresh gas)take it out for some fun would not start, bad battery replaced battery but my elec start does not work now :( so I pull start and get it going. Go for a little ride and my son who was following me said it smokes and smells like gas as he is telling me this with the sled at idle we both get "fumed" out by the richness of the sled. Help...... Thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The 94 STX didn't come set up very well from the factory...Dropping the needles in the carbs one notch will pretty much cure the problem and make it a new machine..Gas mileage and performance will increase greatly....Why this was never a recall from the factory I will never know?...When I bought mine brand new I was very disappointed as it fouled spark plugs like crazy..Thank goodness it was at least electric start or I might have burnt the thing...lol...Luckily my dealer was sharp enough to fix the problem for me when I took it back for its first checkup..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts