Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, no snow in St.Albans.  The trails were open breifly, but the fields are totally bare for the most part.  Luckily my sled is at my parents house in Montgomery, which is up by Jay Peak so there is a fair ammount of snow.

Chester?  That is down south right?  I was in Waitsfield last weekend and they had a ton of snow.  How are you guys doing as far as snow fall?

Nice to know that one of the other 10 people that live in this state comes to this message board  

-Josh

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's pretty sketchy down here. There is snow but the trails are hammered because of the rain. Any idea how Island Pond looks?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about Island Pond, but I have a friend that lives in Derby and he said that they don't have as much snow as Montgomery does.  Judging by that I would say that Island Pond has about the same as Montgomery does (maybe a little less).  

As for the status of the trails in Montgomery....they are pretty good.  No bare spots or rocks, or logs.  Actually, they aren't much different than last season.  The base might not be as thick, but you can't really tell.

I'll be going to Island Pond on March 2nd, but that's a ways away.

-Josh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool....I may plan a trip up there....I NEED to ride. I've put 24 miles on this season and it doesn't look like the conditions down here are going to improve anytime soon.

what year Z do you have?

Rick

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Z is a '98.....thinking of getting rid of it, but every time I ride it I change my mind.

How far is Waterbury/Waitsfield from you?  Like I said in a previous message, they have a lot of snow there.  It may be worth a trip.  If not then come on up to Montgomery some weekend and you can go out with us.  You can ride right from my buddies driveway, and I'm sure he'd let your group crash at his place if ya needed to.

Good luck with the snow!!!

-Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys i live in Berlin (right outside of Montpelier) and I Ride a 2000 zr 600. The trails around here are great. I was out boondocking a couple days ago when i stepped off my sled there was a good two feet that i sunk into. My cousin was in island pond last week and he said that they got a pretty good dump up there so i imagine the trails there are good too. One more thing, waitsfield is right over the hill from me. Did you go to the snocross races up there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im from Walden probably never even heard of there but i ride a 1999 polaris XCF and the trails were great untill we got all that rain  they havent been groomed in over a week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are from Waterford. Ride mostly in the Island Pond area. 01 600 XCSP, 02 800 XCR Polaris. 2000 miles so far this year. Great conditions in Caledonia and Essex counties.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts