Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im an average sized guy, 6' tall, I ride with my feet back and my knees are too "tight". Is there any way to make the seat taller, or do they sell a seat that gets taller towards the rear while keeping the stock height in front to match the tank?

Thanks-Dan

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
boss seat of wled together a platform for it to sit one, have seen that done before.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
go to an upohlsters(sp?) aka place that does Boat seats,awnings and such

get them to add high density foam 2-3inches and recover your seat

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can Doo what I just did - upgrade your suspension to SC-10 version(anyone will do), & add a 3" riser to your handlebar. Man, I'm tellin ya, it's like a totally new sled. More rider foward & a LOT more comfortable. I'm even thinkin of adding a backrest next........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any close up pics of your suspension swap? I'm looking at doing the same thing, but I wanted the SC10-II, Ive heard its a much nicer suspension than the SC10?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I raised the seat on both my Vmax and RMK with very good results. I glued 4 inches of *very stiff* foam on top of my old seat, leaving the old dead seat cover in place. Then got a new piece of seat vinyl from psep.biz, they have 2 different sizes depending on how big your seat. Then just wrapped it up like a christmas present (compressing the foam as much as possible) and stapled it to the base of the seat where the original staples are. Cut a slit for the trunk flap and pull it through and make an access hole for the trunk and another for the tail lights. For my budget that was by far the best way to go, the results have been exactly they way I wanted. It will look a little cleaner and cost more if you take it to the upholstery shop but that's probably the way to go unless you love to DIY. My way is perfect comfort/height for me and is fully waterproof. With no seams to rip out, I guarantee it will last longer than a regular replacement seat cover.

Changing the suspension will not do anything for your legroom and making it more rider-forward will only make things worse. If your knees are cramped you need a higher seat, that's the only thing that changes the distance between the seat top and the footwells.

Even if you don't DIY I highly recommend you raise the seat height if you feel you need to. It has made a world of difference in my riding comfort. Probably the most important mod I've ever done to both of my main sleds (RMK and Vmax).

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i think I'm gonna look into the seat wedge idea, I found this pic here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts