Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have an 03 ZR900 and i was wondering if anyone has used Joes Studs. The reason I am asking is because I a have chance to get 192 of them for a very good price through a friend. I would be getting stainless steel, braised in carbide tips. Are they worth saving the money?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I know nothing about Joe's, Frank's or Lil Ted's studs but I do know since switching to Woody's studs I've had zero problems. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#Webmaster Mode

Text Deleted. User warned for posting offensive message. Webmaster HIGHLY recommends change in username before this one is removed.

·
Registered
886 Posts
But as far as Joe's... As ZR Sled Head said, you get what you pay for. 95% of everyone use either Woody's or Stud Boy's, there's got to be a good reason for that. I bought my TCat already studded with a less expensive brand and they didn't last as long as a good set of Woody's or SB's. If I were you, spend the extra few $ and get the best. Over a few years even $100 isn't much.

Text edited by SWWebmaster

·
Registered
20 Posts
anyway i have never heard of the joes studs but bought extreme max studs last season from jumpstartracing.com and am very pleased with the way they have held up.

Text edited by SWWebmaster

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What I have found out in business. Companies using someones first names are not as credible and long lasting. Joe's sounds flaky. Woody's was a first name but is just used for stud line and are excellent, their real company name is International Engineering Co.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well today I went to the Michigan Cup grass drags and found out that the supposedly "JOE'S STUDS" are a Woody's stud, But I guess what happens is that other companies will buy a bunch of either left over studs from a sled show or something and then put there name on it and sell it. So I feel a little better about buying them. I just hope that I don't have problems with using that long of a stud, 1.40" on a 1.25" Lug track.

·
Registered
310 Posts
#Webmaster Mode

Text Deleted. User 'Sledcrazy" warned for posting offensive message.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
#Webmaster Mode

Topic reopened by SWWebmaster
--------------------------------------------

I cannot believe what has happen in this forum since I have been gone for a few days preparing for some Grass Drags. I cannot believe that ANYONE would have thought that this would have been tolerated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts