Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any snow left? My father and I are heading up to VT this weekend, supposedly they got a foot of snow last weekend, but who knows if it will survive the warm temperatures later this week. At the very least we are going to be cruising around our old farmland trails with the old machines, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be enough for a last ride...

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
We still have snow here in North BAy, but it's getting sketchy, and they're calling for some major warm temps this week, so the trails will likely be done after that.

We're still planning on doing some lake running on the weekend though. The warm temps will actually be a help there as the lake needs to settle before it'll make good running. Luckily Nipissing is Huge, with lots of bays and islands, so it will make for a very nice day of riding. Likely will be the last run of the year.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
i always have the lake at least until the end of march :cool: it's the temp light coming on all the time that i don't like.if it warms up it will help the lake.who would have thought i would be hoping for warm weather..lol :withstupid:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i always have the lake at least until the end of march :cool: it's the temp light coming on all the time that i don't like.if it warms up it will help the lake.who would have thought i would be hoping for warm weather..lol :withstupid:[/b]
I know, it's weird hey, hoping for warm weather? But it sounds like this is going to be an awesome weekend for lake running. Above 0, and sunny, and they're talking about double digits on Sunday. That's like snowmobiling in hte summer time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm headed out for my final ride tonight. There's a slim chance that I might tool around tomorrow night in search of remaining snow, but not likely.

Last week the couple of 50+ degree days that we got devistated the snow on the trails to the point of virtual unridability. We got blessed with 20+ inches of total accumulation this past weekend, but even with that, the lack of a base underneath meant bony corners on groomed trails. With the impending return of 50+ weather, the trails will disappear rapidly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heading out tommorow, watching the snow come down as I write. March and April here are prime time. Long days good snow and warmer temps......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went out in Co and got a KK and Ski Doo stuck a few times last weekend. The end is near in a few weeks, unless you like to trailer in the dirt for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts