Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've bought a sled from Nielsens, I'd like to know if you're happy with the service.  Also, I live in southern IL (just outside St Louis MO), can anyone recommend a CAT dealer south of Chicago?

Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have never delt with them as I do all my maintenence myself. A good freind of mine just bought a zr120 for his daughter and a four wheeler for his son from them for Christmas. He said he would never go back and even told them this. This was just after his buying experience. He went to pick themup and they had lost the keys for the four wheeler, and would take an ignition switch out of another model for him they made him wait for two weeks, it was back ordered. The Saturday before Christmas he went down and made them take a switch out of another one. They didn't put the lock ring back on and the switch was loose and hanging there, they said "thats the way they are", He said "look at that one totally solid and it has a lock ring". He gets the thing home and is tightening up the switch and lo and behold theres the original keys laying on the frame. He called them and they wanted him to bring them back! He said no way, you guys are never going to see me again. His daughters suspension fell apart the first time riding, he had to go thru and tighten all the bolts on the sled. I guess when you pay for prep they take your money and laugh at you. Kevin

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have had similar service with them...they're nice as hell when they sell you something, but service afterwards is average at best.  It's a shame, because they sell just about every recreational product/brand available.  Have dealt with Ted himself on two sleds I've purchased from there.  The typical scenario where they're going to sell so many units every year bacause of their size, but the service falls through the cracks.
Dropped two sleds off this season for pre-season check-ups and told service to call me with estimates...5 days later I get a call that my sleds are "done".....the bill, $1100.00.  Was not a very happy customer, and have probably bought my last sled from there, just need to find one closer to me, like the one 7c mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts