Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although it called for lower 40's just north of Gaylord I went up anyway and managed to get 80 miles of riding on Saturday!  At Thumb Lake my cousins car temp reading was only 34, when in Gaylord it read 41.  We dropped just east of Thumb Lake right next to the state land.  The trails had a good, smooth base about 90% of the time and pure mud the rest.  So we hit every two track we saw.

We did see 6 other sleds.  But the rest of the time we had all the smooth trails to ourselves!! Well worth the drive up from Indiana.  

The only downside was some a$$ whipe driving his 4x4 down the groomed trail.  We thought about chasing him down, but you never know who is packin these days...

We'll be back up in two weeks with the new snow.

Good riding all!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Did you come across six guys riding Snocross sled's and one Snow Hawk?  We were doing some testing at Weber's ranch.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, we didn't see any snocross sleds or a sno hawk.  That would have been cool.  When we pulled up to drop our sleds two other trailers pulled in behind us.  I guess they had the same idea as us.  While riding we daw to mxz's.

Plenty of snow should be there when we come back.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Z570ss, Are you sure what snow is? Its cold WHITE stuff and comes in several inches to several feet. I was around Pencil Lake road area [in my truck] last weekend and all I seen was black icy trails and pure dirt roads.
You must have lots of money to buy new sleds every year to ride in impossible conditions like that! I pitty the sucker that buys your dirtmobile!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mikadoo,  don't post that kind of reply unless you know what you're talking about.  Were you with us last weekend? No.  Did you ride on 4-6 inches of groomed trails and 5-6 inches of powder two tracks and seasonal roads? No.  Do you know me by just reading one post and can glean from that that I'm an idiot who will ride my sled in mud? No.  

Your post was completely uncalled for.

You obviously were not the nimrod we saw 4 wheeling down the groomed trail, because that trail we saw the truck on was covered in 4-6 inches of WHITE, FROZEN, snow.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Whatever! I dont care what you ride your sled in, its yours you paid for it! All I know is that Pencil Lake road is only a few miles from chandler hills and there was"nt 4-6 mm let alone 4-6 inches. Did"nt it strike you funny that you were basically the only people riding? Like I said I dont care what you ride on I just dont like someone giving a line of B.S. to everyone about how great it was when I know it was"nt.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whatever.

Saw six trailers parked in various spots along the trail.  As soon as I scan the picks I could post, but why.  

Don't tell me I'm feeding everyone a line of bull.

If you went up Magee rd you would have seen that most (90%)of the trails were snow covered by 4-6 inches.

But it doesn't matter.  We have received a good amount of snow lately and we should get riding.

Again, I'm not feeding anyone a line, I was just wondering if anyone from this board was one of the owners of the six other trailers I saw and had a good ride like we did.

Happy trails.

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts