Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Looking for someone who can remove a dent from my center pipe. Anyone know of such service in the Ontario or Quebec area?

Don't ask,

Just bad luck.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Someone skilled in working with sheet metal should be able to do it.

1)Make a scribed line along the length of the pipe. This is to line up the 2 halves afterwards for welding.

2)Cut the pipe thru the dent.

3)Hammer out the dent on each half.

4)As you hammer out the dent, compare each half

5)When the halves match, you can weld them back together.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hi there madsledhead, Bondi Engines in Aurora Ont does pipe repairs, or try this, seal the pipe ends up, presurize the pipe with air (125+ psi) heat up the dented area red hot with a little taping with a small hammer it should pop out, good luck.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I do not want to do it myself because I heard it's cheap to do.

Aurora is darn far away, do you know of anybody in the Ottawa region?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Maybe a body shop could fix it with a dent puller?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i had mine done at a exhaust shop and they cut the dent out and patched over it with another piece. it works and looks good to. it costed me $20. this should help ya

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jaws Performance, he can do anyting you want with pipes. Shop is located in Ottawa. Check their web site jawsperformace.com

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JAWS! thats right, I forgot all about them!

Called them up and they said they can make them look good as new.

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Heat the piss out of it, then cap the one end and fill it with air..  Should pop out.  carefull the cap dosen't pop off. but the alternate to cutting... I heated mine, and pulled out what i could with a dent puller.. Then gave it to my old Robotics teacher who is pretty handy with a weilder.. Fixed the holes. Looks good for coasting nothing!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts