Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on snowest magazine at there sled reviews and ratings.

Looking at other topics people were saying Skidoo 800ho's Vs F7's and everyone says the f7's always beat them.

but the Skidoo 800ho's rating for power for the last 2years have had a B on power.
but the 2002/2003 Xc Sp 800's have an A rating on power..

and looking to be one of the best sleds in the lists starting with 2001 to recent. scoring all A's in its review.

Just wanted to know who has a 2002 2003 xcsp that has raced a f7.. and wat was the outcome..thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
IT won't touch an F7. F7's will eat RMK's, Switchbacks, and Fusions. If you want fast.....buy a cat. If you want comfort.....buy a polaris.......if you want cheap......buy a doo.......if you want reliability.....buy a Yamaha.

Sorry....but that's just the way it goes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have one buddy with a 2003 F7 and one with a 2004 pro X 800 and its all about cluthing with those two. We put a button clutch on the proX insted of the roller and they were too close to call. That pro X is fast, I wouldn't say faster than an F7 but they ar real close. The F7 is clutched also by the way.

·
Registered
657 Posts
IT won't touch an F7. F7's will eat RMK's, Switchbacks, and Fusions. If you want fast.....buy a cat. If you want comfort.....buy a polaris.......if you want cheap......buy a doo.......if you want reliability.....buy a Yamaha.

Sorry....but that's just the way it goes.[/b]
I see where you're coming from... but I can't fully agree to that, lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was just on snowest magazine at there sled reviews and ratings.

Looking at other topics people were saying Skidoo 800ho's Vs F7's and everyone says the f7's always beat them.

but the Skidoo 800ho's rating for power for the last 2years have had a B on power.
but the 2002/2003 Xc Sp 800's have an A rating on power..

and looking to be one of the best sleds in the lists starting with 2001 to recent. scoring all A's in its review.
Just wanted to know who has a 2002 2003 xcsp that has raced a f7.. and wat was the outcome..thanks[/b]
Better make darn sure the xc is set up and dialed in or you wil get yer a-- handed to ya. I am a die hard Polaris fan, but I know first hand that the 2003 F-7 in the right hands is not something to take lightly!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I had a 01 700 Xc/SP with a hot seat clutch kit and a little tweeking done and have had no problem with the couple of F7's I ran across at the S.W. Ride .... Sold it and now have a Fusion and not worried about F7's at all :whistling:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
its all clutching. the 800 has the grunt to kill the F7 but the f7 is geared and clutch stock to go faster. the 800 also mods a lot easier and can give out insane numbers to the F7 just can be modded to put out as much. twin pipes on the 800 will get you up over 160, twin on a F7 right at 150. i have seen mod 800 RMK up over 200 HP on pump gas and no nos. full mod F7 only about 175 to 180. the F& is also really peaky power. just doesnt have the low and mid range of the 800

·
Registered
11,658 Posts

Sorry....but that's just the way it goes.[/b]
YOU'RE right with one, that's it.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"its all clutching. the 800 has the grunt to kill the F7 but the f7 is geared and clutch stock to go faster. the 800 also mods a lot easier and can give out insane numbers to the F7 just can be modded to put out as much. twin pipes on the 800 will get you up over 160, twin on a F7 right at 150. i have seen mod 800 RMK up over 200 HP on pump gas and no nos. full mod F7 only about 175 to 180. the F& is also really peaky power. just doesnt have the low and mid range of the 800"

Your saying a xcsp 800 just with twin pipes alone would make it fast enough to beat an F7..

how would that do against Srx's?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
id say an 800 without twins could beat and f7 if clutched and gears right. the F7 as i said is a really peaky sled. lots of high range power not near as much low end. then AC built it they were looking for good advertising. super high peak power for good advertising but it really doesnt have the grunt. as for twin pipes, slap a part of SLP twins on that thing and 24 more pony come along with you. mix with cheater head, airbox mods, vforce 3 reeds, clutching, come carb adjusting, porting and your over 175 easy. with the union bay or carlce cycle 910 kit on the 800 will get you to 200+ numbers in no time. You can get even bigger kits up to 1000 that will get you to more like 240. the F& can be made into an F9 with about 185 HP with twin pipes. but for no big bore kits, the 800 can be made to kill the the AC 700 motor. One more thing you have to look at is how much hotter the F& motor runs then the poo 800. i know many people who have burnt down the 700 because thats just who AC engine are. The new AC 800 run less then 50 degrees from melt down all the time. They just push it way to the edge. I like the 800 much better then the 700, just my thought. Also i know they can be a faster stock motor with just a little gearing clutching change

1 - 12 of 12 Posts