Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a trailer but I don't have the space for it. The foldable trailer seems like a good solution for my problem. I figure I could put one sled in the back of the truck and one on the trailer. I don't plan on going too far with it. I have a field in the back of the house to ride in, but would like to check out the trails a few miles away. Maybe even drive to northern Illinois to check out some trails.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just hope it doesn't do that when hauling it  :0

·
Registered
308 Posts
The trailer will work for what you want to do but make sure and I mean dam sure you tie the sled down tight  those type trailers really bounce on hard bumps on the highway.  
Incidently  an aluminum snowmobile trailer is light enough to stand up when not loaded.  I don't think the price is that much higher.  
another alternitive would be to find a small pop up or an old camper frame.   those usualy have a better suspension under them.    hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have that trailer and pull my sled with it.  We have had it for probally 6 or 7 years now and it still works like a charm.  I have made several 500 mile trips with it and it hasn't let me down yet.  I grease the bearings before the big trips, thoes little wheels sure get a workout!  The folding function is nice but I havn't used it in years.  You have to take out 2 bolts and 2 cotterpins and it folds right up.  Now all that said I do worry about it sometimes.  Everything is just bolted together and it seems a little flimsy.  But for the price, it works for me.  Good luck with the decision.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used one for those trailers for a while a few years back.  Never gave me any trouble.  Just go easy on the road, keep your speed reasonable and you shouldn't have any trouble.  It seems a little flimsy, but if your careful and you take care of it, it will last a while.  Mine ended up rotting out from all the sand and salt on the road, so i would reccomend hosing it down after weekend trips.  If you don't care how it looks i would undercoat the entire trailer - it will last A LOT longer that way.  You can get spray cans of undercoating from Home Depot for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Why not just build a 2 sled deck for the back of your truck? Just an idea....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts