Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the HMK Highmark boots...Damn these things look pretty trick, I can't wait to try 'em out..Anyone here use them before?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I was talking to Kirk from HMK a couple days ago about those boots. He has no canadian distributors yet. A couple of Ontario race teams use them though. He said I could order them direct from him . It says to order one size bigger than actual shoe size. Any opinions on this?

HMK boots

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did say that, I am an 8 but he insisted on me getting 9..Now that I have them thank god I got the 9...I ordered them direct from him as well..They aren't cheap however...I paid 169 u.s which when converted and shipped to canada it came to $301.00... :doh:

·
1,327 Posts
Hey Spanky,

Nice boots they look pretty cool

I have been using my snowboarding boots for the past couple of years, they work great and are very warm.

I just picked up a new set from West49 for $199 Canadian.

They match my sled pretty well, they would look good with your sled to Permafrost.

Just thought I might offer an alternative

DP

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those do look pretty cool. But I was told by a few diffrent people that have used there Boarding boots that they sucked in really cold weather at speed..I guess those van's are pretty good if you have used them the last 2 seasons..These Highmark's are good to like -50 or so...thats what the claim anyway..They have a hard back like a ski boot for wicked ankle support when landing those not so perfect jumps :doh:

·
1,327 Posts
Hey Spanky,

I have heard similar reports from others, I believe that is the case with the cheaper boots, I guess you get what you pay for.

I have not had a problem with cold feet since I started wearing these boots. I used to wear sorel's but my feet were always cold.

I have really bad circulation to my feet as a result of a couple of foot/ankle injuries from racing. Our good buddy Gus was right behind me when the worst one occurred.

These boots have the back support as well and I have never had any problems with them.

How is Gus these days anyway?

DP

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good.He is coming by my office today, think I might dog it and go to the mall and get something to eat with him..I broke my foot last year wearing sorels...I was run over after I had a huge get off going about 120 km/h..This guy on a F111 couldn't stop and My foot got Caught up in his track...(OUCH)...The boot was torn to shreads(along with my foot)...I am looking forward to having boots with a little armour in them...I ride with armour on the street, Guess I should on the trail too!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i was looking for hmk's at the snowmobileshow in toronto,i wanted to compare them to the klim boots,but there were no hmk's there so i bought the klims,the hmk's are a very nice looking boot i hope you have good luck with them this winter :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Originally posted by SPANKY@Nov 20 2002, 06:24 PM
when converted and shipped to canada it came to $301.00... :doh:
ouch! hope they keep your feet warm!

seriously, i'm thinking about boots now, or at least new felts ???

·
Registered
959 Posts
they look like my snowboarding boots i ware them with my sled sometimes
when i decided to board behind it
its alot of fun

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I tried on the HMKs at haydays really liked them. Definetly go a size bigger. Couldn't find the Klim booth I'm sure it was there just eluded me like everthing else there that place is huge. Anyway I ended up buying my brothers snowboarding boots from last year. There barely used and are almost exactly like the HMKs. I tried on several different boarding boots and be careful cause some really wouldn't make good sledding boots.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Klim is an excellent boot, I looked for them first as well...As i was researching this stuff I found out that most the top racers use HMK, almost all the guys in the Slednecks/braap video's use 'em so I figured they would be good enough for me!
Here is the Link if you guys are interested
HMK Highmark Boots

·
Registered
708 Posts
THEY LOOK MORE LIKE A SNOWBOARD BOOT? BUT THERE IS A COMPANY THAT SELLS SOME THAT LOOK ALOT LIKE THESE GOTO "WWW.THE-HOUSE.COM" GOOD PRICES.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts