Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, is it there own engine or is it an engine builder supplier (like rotax to ski-doo, suzuki to polaris) and if you do have  one, ridden one, whats up? whats it like. It looks different and inovative. looks light. Powerful, how do they handle. looks all American made.IF I GOT TO REFINANCE MY HOUSE, MY NEXT MACHINE IS GOING TO BE ALL AMERICAN if I can pull it off.  The job you save may be your own. If they could get the price down to eight grand that would be do-able.  Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I screwed up. This is supposed to be in the general Forum. I do own Yamaha and I love it. But My next machine is going to be   All American Made, or I will just buy a used machine.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The engines are not a current manufacturer of sleds. The big motor is based on a small aircraft-helicopter motor which is detuned from 300hp to 225 as of last time I looked into them, and $8000.00 probably will be a fantasy till mass production, which looks iffy at best, with the great winter we're having :angry:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I believe it's the other way around.  As far as I know, bombardier owns Ski Doo, along with Evenrude, and a bunch of aircraft related products.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Bombardier own skidoo/seadoo( recreational products division), They bought rotax out some 40 years ago .  They also make lear jets ,subway trains(New York subway) and regional jet. Just recently they bought the omc evinrude motor line,(boats went elsewhere) Until the 9/11 tragedy they employed almost 50000 people worldwide . They are the world leaders in 2 stroke injection technology. Can''t wait for my mxz 900DFI renegadeX...  lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am new to this forum...
I seen a post that Ski-Doo's are made in America.... not so.
Bombardier owns Ski-doo... they also own Rotax (among many other industries as mentioned).  Bombardier is a CANADIAN company.  They have some manufacturing outside of Canada (ie their ROTAX engines are made in Europe.. Austria I think) but all Ski-Doo's are assembled in Quebec Canada.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Ya, I thought everyone knew Ski-doo is Valcourt, Quebec.  Cat is in Thief River Falls, MN, Polaris is in Roseau, MN, and Yamaha, who knows?, but I wanna say that's here too, down around the Twin Cities, maybe.
But back to the original question about Redline--I would have trouble trusting a snowmobile made in CALIFORNIA.  Seems a bit ironic, doesn't it?
If you want a cool sled that's not one of the big 4, get a Blade from Fast.  (Cripe, this is the second time of plugged Fast today.  What's wrong with me?  No, I don't work for them..)  www.teamfast.com or www.bladesnowmobiles.com

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats wrong with sleds made in California? The tallest peak in America outside of Alaska is in where? California. 14,200 something feet. more snow there than anywhere else. I have been riding every weekend since Nov. 1. And I live in California. Not rubbing it in, I feel for you all. But if someone wants to do some research and developement on a deep snow sled, no place better than the Sierra Nevada range. Snow until April or May.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am still waiting for a response to the question asked. Does anyone own a Redline product and does anyone know what they cost?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did see a retail price of 11,000k for the 800 and 12k for the 800 mountain special. somewhere in that nieghborhood

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Originally posted by enduringexplorer@Jan 15 2002, 12:24 PM
I am still waiting for a response to the question asked. Does anyone own a Redline product and does anyone know what they cost?
[snapback]2668[/snapback]​
this has never been answered. does anyone know of a Redline owner?

·
Registered
361 Posts
as far as I know and read in a sled mag. redline only got like 150 sleds built and then went belly up! see the odd one on e bay but for the price all other sleds doo the same things. if they would have built it and got it out 6 or 7 yrs ago when thier ideas were fresh it would have rocked but now its just overpriced junk.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
That's what I understood as well, company sold shares to raise 10 million dollars and still couldn't bring a sled to production. But again, guess we haven't answered the original question. Weren't they supposed to be powered by a 800 Liberty?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not sure if it was a Liberty engine or not but I do believe it was a Polaris mill.

Perm, kinda ironic reading this 3 year old post now. Look like you lost out on a Renegade 900. Skipped right by and built a 1000cc. LOL

Permafrost wrote,
"Bombardier own skidoo/seadoo( recreational products division), They bought rotax out some 40 years ago . They also make lear jets ,subway trains(New York subway) and regional jet. Just recently they bought the omc evinrude motor line,(boats went elsewhere) Until the 9/11 tragedy they employed almost 50000 people worldwide . They are the world leaders in 2 stroke injection technology. Can''t wait for my mxz 900DFI renegadeX... lol :D"

Jeff

1 - 20 of 24 Posts