Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting back into snowmobiling after way too many years out of the sport. My old helmet doesn't work very well with my glasses - the visor doesn't fog up but the glasses do. Now I am looking for a new helmet that will keep the glasses clear. I used to wear contacts but now my eyes are too sensitive to them - can't keep them in longer than an hour or two.

This helmet sounds good with all of the airflow options but I hate to drop $200 on a helmet that may still fog up my glasses. Anyone have one? Is the airflow as good as the description makes it sound?

Thanks!
dave

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the BRP mod and evs are the best for people with glasses. my mod gets :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
i have had fogging issues with my visor/sunglasses since the day i started snowmobiling. up until this year it would always mess me up. Finally, this year I bought an HJC Cl-max helmet with the heated shield. I purchased a pair of sunglasses and apply a solution called fog tech to them every time i head out to ride. I can keep the shield completely closed in freezing cold weather and neither fog up. I believe you can find this stuff at fogtech.com, however it seems to work better on glasses than shields. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the same predicament as you. Used to wear contacs till I needed bifocals. I've tried many helmets over the years including the Ski Doo models. The first one frosted the vents and the latest one is restrictive breathing to me. Altho, glasses didn't fog with them. HJC makes some of the finest helmets out there. Either the full face or the goggle helmet. I went with an HJC CLX helmet and Pro-Vue prescription goggles. WWW.pro-vue.com. i have had this system for 2 winters and have ridden in all kinds of weather. The goggles are fantastic. The helmet is light and has very good side vision. The helmet is not so expensive, but the goggles are spendy. But worth it to me to be able to see!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I did forget to put in my post I have a buddy that uses the hjc cl-max in the winter and sy-max in the summer and he says they does not fog his glasses. I only had my mod freeze over once. in the 10 years I have had it thats not bad. also in a bike mag , they tested helmets for safety, the z1r helmets came in first with the hjc taking second. yep thats right the cheaper lid is rated better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts