Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 srx7 with a bender cold air kit, the air box has no dividers in it .( box not drilled)
My mag side is a bigger jet , I know the 02 srx 7 has no dividers in it and the stagger is bigger on the clutch side.
What is everyone doing with thier jetting

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not gonna even try to answer your question.  Maybe you help me. I'm new to this jetting on sleds.  Are you saying you run different jets in the carbs from each other???  Is this what staggering means??  I have a 98'SRX.  Fuel fouling is something I live with.  How many turns out from seat are your Fuel/Air screws??  Where do you ride at (Elevation)???  

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know my elevation, I am in Ontario, and yes the stagger means that Yamaha runs different jets in 1 cylinder.
On the 98 factory stagger is #1,#2 = 146.3 and #3 is 148.8
The 2002 srx is a different stagger they have the #1 cylinder fatter and 2,3 are the same.

If you want to email me and I can scan you a chart for elevation and temp. jetting from the 99 snowmobile tech update book from Yamaha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow thanks!!  Is the clutch cylinder fatter to decrease in crank torsion because it is next to the clutch??  This may explain why I seem to foul out this cylinder plug most of the time.  I have my Fuel/air screws at 1 1/8 out from full seat also now.  It was at 1 1/2 from seat.  I think this season I'll try the 1 1/8 out and see how it does.  ( If we get any Da** snow that is&#33
 I ride in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Which is probably close in elevation to you.  Do you happen to know where I can find info. on how to set up the suspension for the SRX???  I don't have a yamaha manual for this sled.  I heard it was spelled out very well in the manual.  I do a lot of hard trail riding and my weight is about 200lbs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know why they are different, I thought it was because of the "drag" on the clutch side , but that doesn't explain why they are different on the 02's
Has your air box been modified( there should be 2 dividers in there)
Gerry

·
Registered
72 Posts
The reason the jets are stagerred is to compensate for one cylinder running hotter than the others, usualy the last cylinder to get the coolant (were as the coolant is already warm when it gets there). On the "00" they changed the shape of the heads found the "mag" side burning hotter. The richer jet (larger) will run cooler. hope that helps  

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a friend with a 98 srxm that uses the cold air kit & it works great! he's back to stock jetting (I'm pretty sure but I'll check with him to be sure & get back to you if not) & doesn't foul plugs plugs eny more. It realy makes a differrence in warm riding & huge differrence in powder riding!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts