Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any issues with Apex's overheating in heavy wet snow? I had my temp light on my 06 Apex GT come on several times last week during a ride with temps in the low 30's and wet heavy snow. Is there a problem with the cooling on these sleds? I heard that there might be a silent recall type of thing regarding this (Like the hand grip heating issue) that involved a rear heat exchanger being added to assist with cooling. Anyone else heard of this? I hate the idea of leaving this sled behind when it get's a little warmer and the snow gets wet and heavy since that's all we seem to get much lately. I have a Polaris XC SP and no problems at all under the same conditions.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Anyone have any issues with Apex's overheating in heavy wet snow? I had my temp light on my 06 Apex GT come on several times last week during a ride with temps in the low 30's and wet heavy snow. Is there a problem with the cooling on these sleds? I heard that there might be a silent recall type of thing regarding this (Like the hand grip heating issue) that involved a rear heat exchanger being added to assist with cooling. Anyone else heard of this? I hate the idea of leaving this sled behind when it get's a little warmer and the snow gets wet and heavy since that's all we seem to get much lately. I have a Polaris XC SP and no problems at all under the same conditions.[/b]

its a problem in general for the Apex and Attak in low snow and conditions like you had. The heat exchangers on the running boards don't get enough snow to cool, so it overheats. The additional heat exchanger will fix the problem but you have to pay for it yourself. Cost shouldnt be that much so it is worth it. Maybe a set of ice scratchers will work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 06 Attack has had many issues, but overheating wasn't one of them. I rode in marginal snow and warm temps all season last year without a hint of overheating. I heard on another sight, some dealers were sending them out with straight antifreeze :bash: which is not nearly as efficient as a mix. I'd check that first.

·
Registered
47 Posts
my attak did the same thing i took out the coolant and put new coolant and water wetter. now it does not get hot the old mix was off the chart the new mix is 60/40.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just as stated above...make the mix more accurate i.e. 60/40....adding water wetter helps a little to..

My sled has engine ice...drops temps 50 degrees across the board....it will run on out on the driveway in 50 deg temps and the fan doesnt come on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts