Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , Ive went brain dead, ive did these too many times & i cant remember which way these valves go in. 02 zr 600 has the 4 barrel valves , which way do they go, does the rectangle hole with the flat guide in the valve face up or down . this is ebbarrasing.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Ok , Ive went brain dead, ive did these too many times & i cant remember which way these valves go in. 02 zr 600 has the 4 barrel valves , which way do they go, does the rectangle hole with the flat guide in the valve face up or down . this is ebbarrasing.[/b]
Don't feel bad, I had one of those and put it back together wrong after cleaning, luckily it only ran bad, you can mix up the sides and take out a piston. :confused: [attachment=33515:Zr_600_cylinder.gif]
Hope the picture helps.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You said it ran bad , how did it run? Normally i do one side at a time but i just did a top end rebuild, had everything apart, ran the sled & it ran good but no top end..... while pondering things it occurred to me these may be in wrong . is the illustration correct in the placement of the hole facing up. Because i have them the other way facing down, but the way the picture shows in reality the valve comes alot closer to the piston than having them upsidedown. People keep saying in other posts that installing wrong will cause damage, but there is actually 4 different ways to do it wrong & i guess 2 ways that would cause damage.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
You said it ran bad , how did it run? Normally i do one side at a time but i just did a top end rebuild, had everything apart, ran the sled & it ran good but no top end..... while pondering things it occurred to me these may be in wrong . is the illustration correct in the placement of the hole facing up. Because i have them the other way facing down, but the way the picture shows in reality the valve comes alot closer to the piston than having them upsidedown. People keep saying in other posts that installing wrong will cause damage, but there is actually 4 different ways to do it wrong & i guess 2 ways that would cause damage.[/b]
Mine also had no top end. All my pictures show the holes facing up.
Make sure your cables are good and free and allow the valves to lift and drop. If you take of the cables at the servo end and pull on them you should hear the valves clunking open and close. I've got another picture from my service CD but can't figure out how to transfer to here but I can email it to you if you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine also had no top end. All my pictures show the holes facing up.
Make sure your cables are good and free and allow the valves to lift and drop. If you take of the cables at the servo end and pull on them you should hear the valves clunking open and close. I've got another picture from my service CD but can't figure out how to transfer to here but I can email it to you if you want.[/b]
Rectangular hole should be facing down

1 - 5 of 5 Posts