Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, It says in the AC ad if you purchase before Nov. You don't pay for 6 months. I sure as #### hope this applies to spring order sleds as well!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just read the legal crap on the AC Arctic Blast area....#### my ### is sore, It will be the last spring order for me.
It don't pay to spring order....Period.

I wonder how many people would commit to canceling there spring order to force AC to add spring orders to this promotion?

I'll be the first to cancel...Who's with me???

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Easy there big fella, your gonna blow a gasket. Maybe a call to your  
dealer will put some light on the situation. Rick.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya maybe they will reply just like the last time....LOL....
Live and learn, According to AMSnow site guys are still getting spring order sleds at the same price with the "ONE TIME ONLY" graphics.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
It still comes down to if you walk in with the dough they will cut a deal, no matter what the time of year. I bought my 800cce on Dec. 31 last year for the same or less than others paid for a snow check sled.  

A

·
0 Posts
Yah Chubby, and I know of one dealer here in Michigan where you can pick up a black Firecat Patriot and a red Firecat Team Arctic, both are F5.  They ordered a few extra.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
0 down 0 interest.  "Offer subject to credit approval."  That means if you're the type of guy that can afford to pay cash right now, then you probably have good enough credit to qualify to not have to pay for 6 months.
I wouldn't even get approved with a 30% interest rate.

A

·
0 Posts
That's the way they do it.  If you have good credit you get the best deal, if your credit is marginal you will have a higher interest rate and be required to put money down.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The offer does apply to the spring ordered sleds.  But, they are subject to credit approval.  I think that is only for the 0% financing though.  As far as I can remember from the spring promotions when I ordered, it was 0 down, 0% financing, and 0 payments for 6 mos.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is the zero interest part of the deal good for the the life of the finance period or just the first six months. Would be nice if it was the life of the loan.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The ad reads:

Buy a new Arctic Cat snowmobile and get this great deal:

NO money down
NO interest
NO payments for 6 months

Buy a new 2003 model before November 30 and you can ride free all winter. But don't wait too long, or your model may be gone before the snow flies. For this and other great deals, see your nearest dealer.

To me, based on how it is written. The no interest should be for the life of the loan, as long as you qualify. And then, your first payment would not be due until about May. I have to give my dealer a call and find out. My question is, what happens if we don't get our Firecat's until December?? Has anyone talked to their dealer yet about this?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Another twist on the spring order is not getting what you ordered, in that I mean when you order a new vehicle you expect it to be delivered the way you ordered it. Now with a sled like the firecat which is  radically new, you order one with the graphics, sno pro suspension, etc and assume the rest is standard. Now I understand the brake is not going to be down in the tunnel, there is another 10 pounds of weight added overall to the sled? I thought Cat had all the bugs worked out racing the sno pro chassis, now I hear the first Firecats were prototypes and Cat is still in the process of fine tuning the Firecat. Doesn't inspire alot of confidence in me. Now I don't know what I am getting for what I odered. All I do know is that it will be a black patriot with a chrome windshield, the rest I guess is subject to change. LOL

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Typically, if you pay it off in the first 6 months then you've done yourself good.  However, if you wait until the 6 months are up you are going to have a 'baloon payment' of all the interest that has accumulated during those first 6 months.

·
Registered
166 Posts
performancex-did you talk to a dealer or are you just going on what you think? Becuase based on that description, where does the zero interest come into play? No interest usually means no interest, not no interest until you have to make a payment, then all the interest is due. Although, the way the ad is written could be deceiving. My interpratation based on the way the ad is written is that 1) There is no down payment 2) You pay no interest over the term of the loan 3)The inception date of the loan begins six months after you purchase. Otherwise it should be written 1) No Down Payment 2) No interest for six months 3) No payments for six months. I will wait until I talk to a dealer.

czy42strokes- The decision about the brake being back on top was made before April 15th, because I knew about it before I ordered it. But you are right about not being sure what we are getting. But I am sure somewhere in all the leagal stuff it says something to the effect of "Terms Subject to Change without Notice." Gotta hate those lawyers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
mcali17, my understanding of the spring promotion is the same as yours, and no I haven't picked my sled up yet or talked to him about financing.  The start of the 6 mos without payments should be when you pick up you sled.  If your dealer is good, he could let it sit and you could pick it up closer to the snow, but he has to sit on it and not collect his money then.  This is one of the benefits of a good dealer.  Someone else already recieved their 900, I forget who it was, maybe they could reply if they financed their sled.  I'll try to get in touch with them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
mcali17, I jumped on the bandwagon sooner than most and ordered my sled before my dealer had a price list. The price he quoted was based on what he assumed would be a retail offering and then he figured in his break even point. He didn't even know about the chrome windshield till I saw it in a cat's pride issue and brought it up to him. I spring ordered my F7 black Patriot in Feb. and I really am not sure how the final setup will be other than color and motor size. I was originally told that dealers would only be allowed to order a certain % of Firecats so I ordered early.

As far as the 0% interest, I am putting the whole thing on my cabelas card and then paying it off when I get the bill. That will give me $70 more cabela's cash to spend on ice fishing gear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So in theory I could go to my local AC dealer in november, pick out a new sled, ride it for the winter then sell it before the payments start. With a little luck i'd be able to sell it for close to the amount financed and basically have riden a sled for the winter that i might not have been able to other wise. Of course this is just a thought and they probably have something in the fine print against doing this.  But it sure would be tempting.LOL

1 - 20 of 51 Posts