Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
 Let us know what aspect of the suspension you need help with, we will be glad to help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to set it up for a heavy rider 270lbs, there are several holes on the slide rails and the spring adjusters are in the tightest possition now. I think there are 4 options for mounting on the tunnel also and then the coil over shock spring adjustment. There must be a proper way rather than just guess and by gosh isn't there?

·
Registered
131 Posts
your a big guy.if you move the rear scissors back it will stiffen it a bit.if i were you i'd buy the heavy duty rear springs , i'm only 160 lbs and i use them so you need them for sure.don't mess with the holes in the tunnel there mostly for ice racing set-ups.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I agree with mk2g60.  I way a right around 200 and I had heavier springs put in mine to.  Made a huge difference.  The springs come in several sizes and a good dealer would be able to recommend the right set for you and your riding style.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I see they do list different diameter springs so I may try that the rear mounting on the slide rails is in the front now so I'll try moving it back too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sliding the rear swig back one hole will make a big differance to stiffness,try it.Make sure you adjust the track before trying new set up this also makes a differance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts