Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a full vacuum diagram for a 93 Arctic cat 550EFI, For some reason the vacuum hose off the FPR (Fuel pressure reg) is no longer there. I need to know where it goes into the engine vacumm source at... Thanks alot.

·
10,054 Posts
Cant tell you for sure where it goes into the engine, but I would grab a manual off ebay. You can get them pretty cheap right now and have it for the future. I have a manual for all my sleds (except the new one) and you cant imagine how handy they come in,,,, good luck with it and I hope someone on here has that sled and can get a few pics posted quick to get you going,,,
Brian

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a manual but for some reason its lacking this info? We picked this sled up a few weeks back for 450$ in top notch Cond. Its been nothing but a night mare for me. I have to totally Rebuild the engine harness, after this was done it runs great, but I noticed the vacuum hose missing. I know for sure it needs to be put back for proper Fuel pressure. I'll Post some pics up later...

·
Registered
430 Posts
There should be a barb fitting on the crankcase somewhere.
Probably under the right hand side of the intake or there abouts.
Don't take my word for it because I am speaking from brief memory of working on my brother’s non-efi 550 however the blocks are the same.
It's worth a looky.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Now that I think about it (I could be wrong)
Your pump will have a feed and return line for the fuel and if I remember correctly your regulator hose may just be a vented line.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that FPR needs a vacuum, with out it the sled will run super high Fuel pressure at idle causing rich cond. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I know what your sayin, because cars, etc need it however, I think the line on the bottom of your
regulator goes to the pump and the other smaller line is a negative pressure "vent".
The regulator could be a "Set value" item.
(I'm only thinking out loud and of course negative pressure means vacuum.)

Have you made a call to a local dealer or any dealer for clarification?

Non-theless does the sled run good without the mystery tube connected?
If not there must be a location on the crankcase for a connection.
In turn, unless the crankcase fitting (if applicable) is either plugged up or connected to a device I would think the sled would run like crap and extremely lean because it would be sucking air.

Take a look a www.brownsleisureworld.com under there microfiche parts dia. it may help.

·
Registered
980 Posts
On the parts diagram they show a vent line in addition to the the supply and return line. The vent line has a plastic tie so it originally must have been tied to some other item, or the chassis. It looks like a vent to atmosphere with not vacuum signal required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts