Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a cat roller on my mxz 600 and was wondering why I can't pull similar setup compared to the cat 600.
Is it because of the gearing?
I am geared at 24/43,(1.79 stock) and I know the gearing on the cats are higher and still getting big top speed #'s with big angles on the helix.I was wondering if someone could explain to me why this is without bashing the crap out of me.
Are the drivers on the cats a different diameter than the doo and that is why the cats can run the higher gearing and pull the bigger angled helixes?...thanks for any help and please no bashing
Baddude :nervous:

·
Registered
277 Posts
What set-up did you try, a friend has a 2002 zl 600 efi and his secondary has a 53 deg helix and a red spring in the middle hole. I assume you are using the TRA drive clutch, they are quite adjustable I ran a 96 formula SS for 11000 miles before the crank let go, there were 2 things I hated about the Ski-doo, the primers and the secondary clutch, when you get it tuned I think you will love it. Ask mikadoo for help on setting up your drive clutch he has probably forgot more than most will ever know about ski-doo clutching. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts