Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Arctic's newest Snow week advertising the F-7 is now guaranteed to be the fastest production sled now. That means their 900 and 800 are not, Right? They also keep going on and on about their Haydays times and sleds as being production sleds. Funny though the announcer said F-7's were to be built the Friday after haydays. But The Cat ad claims they won at haydays. When they had to be 25.5 pounds lighter than what you or I could get 460.5 lbs. dry now compared to 435 lbs. on these prototypes. Posting the rolling start times of these lighter hand built sleds does not hold a drop of water with me. They claimed they were not hand done sleds, well the production people did not build them months before Haydays like these were. These were given to racers in MAY! They were never technically inspected for specs or fuel at Haydays so give it up already. Not to mention sled and driver weight was as low as can be. It was an anything goes race against themselves promotion that is it. :blahblah:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Its a sad thing isnt it :( The FACT that the F7 is the fastest sled in production. If you ask me it screws up the market for the other OEM,s. Like I said in my other post the F7 is going to make alot bigger cc sleds cry this winter........including my ZR9. So hats off to Cat and all the lucky people who purchased the little F7 that could.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I haven't seen the ad, but if thats what it says, then I agree with you. They shouldn't be doing that! Cat is much much better than that! Thats the kind of crap that Yamaha pulls, hyping crap up!! I also wouldn't be bragging that their 700 is faster than their 900!! The 800 I can understand & think it's a given, (same hp, F7 has less weight).

Gotta say, that disappoints me. ???

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'll bet it is fast, but fastest of all, I doubt it, just like their last adverts said it weighed 435 lbs, etc... reliability it seems is where the problems are going to be... the problems I am seeing mentioned on newely delivered sleds are not the simple fit-n-finish type??

not slaming AC just making an observation. I hope the Fx's are in fact trouble free I don't want to see ANY fellow rider(s) not able to ride because a brand new sled was not ready for prime-time!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I definetly agree. I haven't seen the add but that is false advertising. The F7s at hay days were 20pounds less with hand built engines. They were not even allowed to race in the classes just against each other the way I understood it. I believe that the productions F7s are still going to turn heads and not disappoint anyone that bought one.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it beat an SRX, XCR 800, ZR 900 or a Mach Z across a lake. It may be the quiker in 500 ft. But I doubt it will beat the big muscle sleds in the long run. It has a good power to weight ratio, but not that much better.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm with ViperER2, I think the F7 is one awsome machine but it seems like alot of people are having problems with them early, don't want to call them the modern day Rupp just yet but I hop AC gets it under control,thats alot of $ and hype to have sleds breaking down, along with alot of upset cat owners...IMO ???

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Reality bites sometimes!!! I guess all the sanctioned races could extend the strips to give the bigger sleds an opportunity to "win" against the F7. :sleeping:

As far as the add, hate to see any company resort to that, if that's what happened.

·
Registered
93 Posts
People, please remember that the wording in the add can be very ambiguous to fool the reader. I have not read the add either but if it indeed states that it is the fastest production sled it could mean a multitude of things.

When put into context the claim could be correct, but no one is saying what it is the fastest at, (i.e. top end, 0~60 MPH, 1/8 mile or even 0~10MPH).

It is a nice sled and the numbers should correlate to a quick and nimble sled, but in the case of what area it is the fastest, I think most people would agree that the MachZ, 900ZR, RX-1 and such will be the fastest in top end. It may be one of the quickest 0~30, 0~60 or in a 1/8 ET category.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Was this in response to the Cat ad depicting the "test" runs at haydays? If so lets remember these sleds only went through a pre race "safety check" and were not teched to verify their CC's or for other mods. The stock sleds in the hands of the racers are not running times nearly as fast as this, but they are very fast for 700 twins or any 700 for that matter.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got the ad in front of me. They base their theory on the results of two grass drags and their Hay Days "exhibition" run. First they better learn how to consistantly beat the REV 800 and SRX before they talk about being the fastest production sled. They should stick to their current radio ad about the divorce court or the old tv ad with the kid and the flagpole. Those were/are good ads. (funny too)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have also heard one of the protos' at Haydays did not have an original proto 700 motor in it, who knows what it was, and who cares really. It wasn't a race for a trophy. But cat paid big bucks to these drivers, to win over each other, and it cut a couple of teams apart as #####ing was a happening, LOL. Baaken and Shilts. OOps I let the Cat's out of the bag there.The F-7 flat out moves is the bottom line but Cat puts to much stock in numbers on a given day, that they paid to have happen. Bottom line Cat should just post results like Ski-doo does on their site, it shows results of All larger payout races, and what brand beat them,even F-7 classes which Doo hasn't won all year. :doh:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well they did fine at the hay day test didn't they LMAO. Come on guy's they had a rolling start.
that means if we are to race them then we need to give them a head start right.say 100' in a 660 ROFLMAO.
if you think an F7 will beat a Mach across the lake then MCALI 17 i'll take that farm from ya
The F7 is a nice looking sled and power to weight is great but its not a musle sled its a powerful ditch banger period.
i will be glad when the snow flies and the bs stops.
all the arctic cat guys raving the hype about the F7 are going to look just like the viper boys if there not careful.
they are not on the snow yet so you better just hang on to the farm for now LMAO

·
Registered
74 Posts
DooPilot said,

"First they better learn how to consistantly beat the REV 800 and SRX before they talk about being the fastest production sled. "

Doesn't sound to difficult. It's a two step method.

1. Find a REV or SRX rider.
2. Race them.

Done.

-----------

We'll all find out this year. As for it being faster than a ZR900, well the ZR900 can be modified to fly faster for less money and those who bought a traditional sled, liked the bigger and heavier chassis as well as less RISK inherent in the more historical design. It might be a little disheartening about having a F7 running and beating your ZR900, but that's what new technology (like reverse flow cooling in the engine block) will do for the "bleeding edge" type sleds.

As for all you guys who are whining about, "it wasn't a stock sled". Yeah it wasn't a stock sled because they didn't have 500 required sleds produced in time for hay days. According to AC reports it was the same as stock, and even the early drags that are happening all over the country are bearing this fact out as the F7 continues to embarass last years technology. AC is usually conservative in their estimates of HP and performance in their ads. So get ready to see a lot of F7 tail flaps.

If you care to browse the different boards (Hardcoresledder, amsnow) and see the early results people are posting of taking their F7 out, more often than NOT the F7 is cleaning out the clocks of these other "higher CC" sleds. Yeah there's a few growing pains the sled may have, a couple of rough edges, etc. But that's what having the latest most TRICKED out technology is all about.

As for the REV and RX-1, there's nothing wrong with those sleds for their own particular strengths. Hats off and kudos to the REV for it's handling of bumps, and extremely fast holeshots. (under 400 feet the REV is going to be the new sled to beat.) And even with all the downplaying of the RX-1 (calling it RX-ton) that many have said on different boards. The RX-1 is still a very revolutionary sled and has a TON (pardon the pun) of new features that no other 4 stroke could come close to having. It's a great sled in it's own particular category. One guy posted his tests of the RX-1 in Alaska in the Yamaha forum and it sounds like the RX-1 mountain will be a good sled and people will enjoy it's particular strengths. The weight might only be an issue in certain circumstances. The torque and engine characteristics will make it very interesting to ride this year.

I for one, hope to be able to get a bit of seat time in all the "new sleds" released this year. Just to experience the fun of checking out the new toys.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think when they mean fastest they are talking about the 700cc class of sleds and not of any new production sled built.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Is arctic cat paying you ATOMICAT? Cat conservative in their ad on the F7 running a 5.366 or whatever it was..........NO WAY A STOCK PRODUCTION F7 RAN THAT.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Slarson, you better be able to prove those numbers wrong.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
SKI-DOOD, read the post again....Mcali said that he would NOT bet the farm!! LMAOFI Besides, if you need the length of a lake to win, you might as well stay home or go the Bonneville Salt Flats.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts