Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I`de throw this out for some input. Has anyone droped the cash for the hiperfax slides and were you happy with them. thanks jeff in nh

·
Registered
144 Posts
It depends on what kind of conditions you have. They will hold up well in marginal snow as long as it's just snow. Throw in a little sand like we get in Michigan and they're a waste of money. The sand will eat the teflon faster than the plastic. A few years ago I had a set on my sled. We were up in Michigan and there was some sand mixed in with the snow because the ground never got a good freeze before the first snowfall. The first day I made a 140 mile round trip and my hyperfax sliders were toast., I figure that was a bout  $1 a mile. I'd say save your money.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will second what Wink says.  I had a pair on a 96 F3 and rode in "sandy" snow and the Hiperfax were ruined.  My buddy's regular hyfax were in better shape and cost much less to replace.  No more for this guy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The riding conditions here in lower MI. is usually a combo
of snow and dirt or more comonly called "Snirt"! That stuff
is soo gritty that it eats slides.

Bill - any problems with the graphite sliders??? Heard some
talk of them being hard on track clips. Any unusual wear on
any of your machines that you've noticed due to the graphite
sliders? Do you recommend them over stock or the grooved
hyfax? Do you "set" your graphite slides or shave them?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply`s,sounds like you guy`s saved me some $ I ride in maine mostly good groomed trails but some times(like this year) you have to ride through some snirt
 to find the good stuff. jeff in nh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts