Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're supposed to be heading up to Eagle River for the weekend but have heard the trails aren't that great. With me being a novice rider, Im not overly excited about going on icy trails for the 2nd time on my snowmobile. I see the south is getting snow, maybe we'd be better heading south of Adams & Juneau Cty?

·
Registered
430 Posts
You have to get out of Eagle River. The trails suck there even in the best of conditions because of the massive amount of traffic. Although if you have never seen literaly thousands of sleds in one place at the same time it may be worth the experience.
Head north west of Vilas and or Iron County Towards the U.P. and you should have some decent riding. Stay away from St.Germain, Sayner, and Minocqua etc. They are icy and beat down.
I live in Richfield which is about 1/2hour from Milwaukee and the trails are open but in rough condition. I think the Fondulac area is closed.
If you want to travel down by the state line they have a great amount of snow but your going to be riding power lines and plowed fields. (Not my idea of a wonderful experience)
I would head northwest or Northeast towards the U.P..

·
Registered
395 Posts
The Black river falls area is nice, I think they should have snow, That is just west from the Dells.I just came back from vilas county and it is not worth the trip right now, although the ride up to lake superior was great once we were in the U.P.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'll always remember wisconsin as one of my fondest rides. thanks to laurie and pete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts