Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Formula Z 670 and I like it a lot but I either seem to get a ton of ski lift or not much at all. Maybe I just can't have both worlds huh? I weigh 190 pounds. I don't have the Ad Boivin springs in but plan on getting them next year. All my friends have SC-10s and arent any help. Thanks
       Ryan

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you just want a little transfer, leave the limiter short and remove one or both washers from the rear drawbar.  I like the wheelie experiance.  My personal setup is: Springs on lowest setting, limiter strap long, one washer removed from drawbar. I weigh about 215.

·
Registered
692 Posts
with limiter straps long will help keep the skies down helps turn a lot! i had mine short and with the cluth set to move at 5100 on a mach 1 98 it was had to turn. hard to power slid with 200 picks !  keep those straps long!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure lengthening the limiter strap will give you more ski lift and shortening it less ski left. I dont know about the washers though. Less washers equals more or less ski left?
      Thanks,
           Ryan

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C'mon guys, I'm sure someone knows!
            Ryan

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ryan, I have the limiter out all the way, running 8 inch carbides on the skis and 144 ...115 inch studs in the track, when she hooks up I have ski lift on both ski's (yeah) . I know what your talking about, the ski lift in the corners is a little more than we'd like....I have the ad bovin springs in..... I didn't know about this washer thing.... may have to try it....
I was in Traverse this afternoon on business.. snow looked OK in the woods, but not enough on the trails or near towns... crank up that snow making machine boy!!!!  
DooZ

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with mxz7. DooZ, you have never played with your washers? Thats not what I heard. LOL! Well I am going up to Traverse tomorrow so I'll see how it is. I'm sure I'll get a few miles on, at least on my farm where I know where everything is. Well I'll let ya know how it goes!
                              Ryan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Their are 2 limiter straps on the FZ one is adjustable the other one is not it is sewen on both end. If the one that is not adjustable has been cut off you will get massive ski lift (perfect wheelies)if you get the proper traction. On mine the front limiter strap is at its longest position and I added one washer (total 3) on the rear drawbar. Adding washers decreases the weight on the skis. The front limiter strap controls the ski lift the non adjustable strap will prevent it from lifting staight up in the air if you get the traction.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, just got back from riding all around Mancelona. Trails are not good at all. Mud everywhere. Some puddles were almost a foot deep. But it was still ok on the back trails and the fields werent too bad. We put on about 80 miles. Jordan River Valley trail was just mud. No snow anywhere after the first couple miles. Oh well. Better than no snow at all here!
             Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts