Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 xc 600 and a ZL 500 roller secondary and I want to combine the to It has a 51' helix a cat yellow spring.  Got any good setups.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have done this on my prox you will have to get a longer bolt and a key for the keyway from cat and a washer from cat cause you need a larger diamitor(spelling) than you use washers the same size as the spacer bushing that goes in the hub of the clutch. Make sure you set the offset buy adding or sub tracting washers on the shaft behind the clutch I am running a 55/53 with a dark green spring and am running heelclickers in the primary but you could trygoing 2 to 4 grams heavier on your clutch wieghts.if the rpms are to high on top go even heaveir on the wieghts If they are to low go lighter on the wieghts do not use the secondary to tune the running rpm as you will lose clutching efficincy.try this I hope this helps. SNORAT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by SNORAT@Jan 15 2002, 11:00 PM
I have done this on my prox you will have to get a longer bolt and a key for the keyway from cat and a washer from cat cause you need a larger diamitor(spelling) than you use washers the same size as the spacer bushing that goes in the hub of the clutch. Make sure you set the offset buy adding or sub tracting washers on the shaft behind the clutch I am running a 55/53 with a dark green spring and am running heelclickers in the primary but you could trygoing 2 to 4 grams heavier on your clutch wieghts.if the rpms are to high on top go even heaveir on the wieghts If they are to low go lighter on the wieghts do not use the secondary to tune the running rpm as you will lose clutching efficincy.try this I hope this helps. SNORAT.
[snapback]2804[/snapback]​
i use a cat secondary on my 700 mod rmk...it's been moded by erlandsonengineering.com..it's called the trackmaster..didn't seem to work as well on a stock sled but likes the hi horsepower.enjoy !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts