Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2007 Skidoo Renegade 800HO PT on Friday.
Fortunately, I had a chance to take it for a short rip on Saturday while helping my Sister and Brother-in-law build their cottage.

Although it wasn't hooking up very well, Muhamed Ali's expression came to mind every time I squeezed the throttle. "Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee." The skis would lift up and then the track would stop spinning somewhat, and it would take off. WOW! Lots of power in this baby.

So now I have that long hot summer to patiently wait and polish the tunnel and get her ready for next season. Patience? LMAO.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
[attachment=34988:17.gif] To Team Renegade ! That is Nice ! WOW ! Congratulations Jeff, I know the wait is hard but every time you think of it you get that Child like feeling inside, and that's not all bad either. Polish her up like I know you will. :thumbsup:

Snow4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks awsome!! Congradulations!!

Hey, on a side note, did you figure out what happened to your son's sled the last time yet? Just curious.

·
Registered
465 Posts
sweet sled, you are going to love the ptek

Frank

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks awsome!! Congradulations!!

Hey, on a side note, did you figure out what happened to your son's sled the last time yet? Just curious.[/b]
If when you say the last time you're referring to when we were in Cochrane, no not yet. Haven't had time to open her up or at least have a closer inspection. As near as we can guess, possibly snow ingestion through a drain hole in the air box. They will all be closed off this summer. According to one thread I read on another site, a fellow had his 500SS motor burn a hole in his piston twice this season. The dealer is chalking it up to "computer failure" as they found no leaks in his intake system anywhere. I was initially thinking of replacing my Legend with an 04 to 06 sled. But with the problems we're having with Cody's sled, I didn't want the frustration and aggravation of going through this again. I know that these things can happen to a new sled as well, but at least you have the warranty to cover some or all of the expense.

If you meant the time he was on the Easter Seals Fundraiser ride in January, that ended up being a cold seize. Three rebuilds in one season, if you count the one that we did in the fall just to freshen up the motor and try to ensure that we would have a problem free, uninterupted season. Life's like that sometimes.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Waydago Jeffy!!! All the more fun to be had next year!!

Great choice!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If when you say the last time you're referring to when we were in Cochrane, no not yet. Haven't had time to open her up or at least have a closer inspection. As near as we can guess, possibly snow ingestion through a drain hole in the air box. They will all be closed off this summer. According to one thread I read on another site, a fellow had his 500SS motor burn a hole in his piston twice this season. The dealer is chalking it up to "computer failure" as they found no leaks in his intake system anywhere. I was initially thinking of replacing my Legend with an 04 to 06 sled. But with the problems we're having with Cody's sled, I didn't want the frustration and aggravation of going through this again. I know that these things can happen to a new sled as well, but at least you have the warranty to cover some or all of the expense.

If you meant the time he was on the Easter Seals Fundraiser ride in January, that ended up being a cold seize. Three rebuilds in one season, if you count the one that we did in the fall just to freshen up the motor and try to ensure that we would have a problem free, uninterupted season. Life's like that sometimes.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Jeff[/b]
Ya, I was wondering about the Cochrane trip. Mainly interested because I also have an 04 600 HO. Have you checked the carb boots on it yet? I know 03's had problems with the crank seal behind the clutch popping out, that it was fixed on the 04's but you may want to check that. Good luck and enjoy the new sled!!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Nice ride Jeff. Your going to have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng summer.

FishHog

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice Sled Trailblazer ,Thanks for Your help in keeping the sled businesses going. :thumbsup: Enjoy

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
is that my bday present ? nice,don't worry about the color i have some GREEN paint to take care of that problem. wow thanks again. lol. looks nice jeff maybe next year we can ride together.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya, I was wondering about the Cochrane trip. Mainly interested because I also have an 04 600 HO. Have you checked the carb boots on it yet? I know 03's had problems with the crank seal behind the clutch popping out, that it was fixed on the 04's but you may want to check that. Good luck and enjoy the new sled!![/b]
Thanks XCR. When we rebuilt both sleds in the fall, we installed VForce3 Reeds.

Plan to start pulling the motor this weekend.
Maybe that'll provide some clues.

Jake, I just wouldn't feel right giving a true red, white and blue, bleeding green cat man a Skidoo, even if you paint it green. You'd never be the same again. (Being this is a Non-bashing site, I'll leave this right here. LOL)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice looking ride Jeff
Should have lots of fun with that one
Were they anxious to get rid of it$$$$??[/b]
$2300 anxious. lol

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
maybe I am missing something, $2300! That is not what you paid for that sled is it?[/b]
LOL, No I wish.
I could see why you would question that.
They reduced their retail list price of $12,300 CDN. by $2,310 to my price of $9990.
I doubt they lost money here. Maybe just gave up their profit margin.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 32 Posts