Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do asphalt drag with my 1991 650 in Atlantic Canada, just wondering if anyone does any asphalt drags? What machine? what are your best E.T. & MPH??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought this sled with all the mods done, bored out, Wisco pistons, pipes, smooth bore on the carbs, asphalt suspension, best 1/4 time of 10.96 @ 115 mph.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Originally posted by drift_jockey@Mar 31 2004, 07:48 PM
OMG! ur all crazy!! 115 on a sled......thats crazy better not smile bugs might get in your mouth LoL sweet none the less!
Thats what helemets are for :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a blast alright Can't wait to get back on this year, and hope to dip a little lower in the 10's!!Hey mtrsprt where do you race? Any mods done to your sled??

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Originally posted by polaris650@Apr 1 2004, 07:44 AM
It's a blast alright Can't wait to get back on this year, and hope to dip a little lower in the 10's!!Hey mtrsprt where do you race? Any mods done to your sled??
I haven't raced on asphalt yet. Hopefully this summer.

My Mach Z's engine is somewhat apart waiting for the cylinders and head to come back to me.

Should be about 190hp when I get it back together. I would be running at New England dragway in Epping NH.

I found a guy who will sell me a drag track for 100.00!!! He says he only has about 30 passes on it!!!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have been running since 1998 and my current sled went 10.40 @125 last year and should be quicker this year. I'll find out in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Polaris 650 guy. I did run my rx1 at the Miramichi Dragway last summer. It's alot of fun. The best time for me was 11.10 at 115. The track I bought was worn out, right to the canvas on the edges. 60 footers suffered 1.58 was the very best.
Once last year their was to guys from the island one with a tcat and the other with a storm. They invited me to come to the island to race but I did'nt make it. Good lads. I also got to bye another rx1, I wrote mine off last week. My buddy's got a turbo'ed rx1 he wants to sell, if I can get the right price. That shoud be good for high 9's or low 10's. How many sleds would show up to race at osyter bed each time?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bet you boys have fun. We have a blast on the MSRF ice circut, but it's too cold.

Asphalt is similar to ice, except it's bracket racing. what fun it must be w00t

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering what all I could do to my 500 now. I was getting info from polaris indy 500, but you guys removed him. He was really helping me! Can anyone tell me what else i could do to get my sled goin faster?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey 1XR, those two guys you met on the Island I know them and they have helped me out ALOT!! It depends on the week-end at Oyster Bed, but I have seen up to 30 bikes/sleds. I am now in Fredericton, hope to run at Miramichi this year-might see you there!! A couple of us are trying to put together a Bike/Sled week-end at oyster bed around august this year, will let you know if we can get organized!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am going to be trying this out for my first time this summer. My buddies race asphalt with MACH1's. I will get there times and speeds.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My asphalt season is starting this saturday cant wait !! I believe after some tuning my Machz 925 will be running 9.2's-9.3 140's we will see it ran 9.9's 128 last summer as a ported 800? Now its race ported and a little lighter plus 10.5" track alot less rolling weight. Let us know how you do this summer as it goes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
All right you guys I'm ready to convert to asphalt. I was just curios where all of you buy your equipment from. I have a 700 mxz that i've been grass dragging and doing radar runs with, but the races are far and few between, and I have a 1/4 mile drag strip 30 min from the house. Any information or tips would be greatly appreiated. If any one has any decent used skis or tracks forsale let me know.
Thanks, Andy SWRules

·
Registered
327 Posts
Andy, there are lots of used tracks around. If you buy new then get the narrow 10.5 wide track. Add wheels between the slide rails and don't run any on the outside with either track.
As far as skiis go. You can make your own. 3 1/2 flat aluminum for the sides and put idlers wheels in for your wheels or look for an auto parts store that carries the DARCOR caster wheels part # W-PLE-404. They are a bearing wheel that are made for asphalt shiis. They are $50CAN each here. 4 wheels and some alum and you have brand new skiis.
http://www.darcor.com/
good luck

1 - 20 of 89 Posts