Snowmobile World banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
i know which one your talking about now. there are two different sleds. this person is fogging his airbox with NOS correct??? crank shop pipes??? I raced his rev last year 03 with my 99 before I re clutched it and put chisels on it and beat him and his buddies 670ho? ( him and I went back and forth) but i got him best out of 4 races. he got me once :inlove:

He ran the black mxz800 from naples and flat out got it handed to him. also got beat by the mach1 that is still being worked on. sled did go good though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
A buddy of mine built this for asphalt racing. He took the "sled/bike" class a little too seriously.
:p

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by kragar@Jun 15 2004, 08:49 AM
A buddy of mine built this for asphalt racing. He took the "sled/bike" class a little too seriously.
:p
what can i say? absolutely AWESOME,what does it do for times and et?where does he race?krager r u on amsnows forum site ive seen your name i think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried my rx1 turbo for the first time on the weekend. With 5 lbs of boost to get the feel of it, and a new 15 track. Times randged from 10.41- 10.57 and mph from 124-126 and terrible 60 footers from the best of 1.598-1.667.
I know with 10 lbs of boost and more than stock gearing that was toped out and some how get the 60 footers down to at least a low 1.5 would get a 9 something.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It is a stock storm motor with cobbled up pipes to fit the chassis. Runs low 6.3s at 115 mph with mid 1.4 60fts. He just went to a smaller tire for this weekend so it should accelerate quicker.
The same motor went 6.7s last year with an asphalt track and only went 100 mph.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just started running my F5, best time so far was 12.78 @ 100.22mph, I put some speedwerx twins on and changed the clutching around, going to see how much it helps tomorrow.

*edit- best 60 foot so far is 1.75, still workin on that one...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1994 t-cat. Last week I ran a 9.62 @ 135 mph in the 1/4 mile.
I really do not think a stock MACH Z will run a high 9 .
Maybe A high 10. My freind has a Mach Z that was built by Doug Flannery
he has 195 HP on the dyno and is running low 10. It takes major horsepower to run in the low 10 to 9 second range. Sounds like that 650 and 500 is rockin.

COCKTAILS IN 9 SECONDS!

·
Registered
307 Posts
My 180hp trail machz ran 9.99 @ 127 and 10.0's all day long , hp isnt the factor as much as weight and 60ft , my friends bone stk zr900 run 10.3's and he just found the crank out of phase? as for stk machz 10.6 was our best stk susp. and wt.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can run 10.30 with my little 160hp 700 triple. Also ran 10.50s with stock piped mach z too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by TEAM 991@Jul 4 2004, 09:00 PM
I have a 1994 t-cat. Last week I ran a 9.62 @ 135 mph in the 1/4 mile.
I really do not think a stock MACH Z will run  a high 9 .
Maybe A high 10.  My freind has a Mach Z  that was built by Doug Flannery
he has 195 HP on the dyno and is running low 10.  It takes major horsepower to run in the low 10 to 9 second range. Sounds like that 650 and 500 is rockin.

COCKTAILS IN 9 SECONDS!
no offense but it sounds like your friends machz needs clutching. i have the same hp and i run [email protected]/8th at 114mph which translates somewhere in the mid 9'[email protected]/4 around 140-145mph. this is a new sled and i havent got the bugs worked out of everything yet(susp,carbs etc.). it should be a 5.9-6.0 flat sled when its right,in the 1/8th at around 115-116.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by machz1@Jul 5 2004, 10:50 AM
no offense but it sounds like your friends machz needs clutching. i have the same hp and i run [email protected]/8th at 114mph which translates somewhere in the mid 9'[email protected]/4 around 140-145mph. this is a new sled and i havent got the bugs worked out of everything yet(susp,carbs etc.). it should be a 5.9-6.0 flat sled when its right,in the 1/8th at around 115-116.
Ya, you could be right on the clutching. Is that all you guys run is the 1/8 mile?
Looking at his slip I see he ran: 60 ft = 1.5
1/8 = 6.3 @ 109 mph
1/4 = 10.062 @ 126
My sled ran: 60ft =1.4
1/8 = 6.0 @ 115 mph
1/4 = 9.6 @ 135 mph

Any advice on what to try with clutching? No offense taken.
I was just going by what I have seen at the track here in Michigan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Went to the track on the weekend made 13 passes which is real good. But 60 footers were real bad, the rubber was gone off of the track. 1.645- 1.746 60's. best on Sat. 10.07 @133.92 and best Sun. 10.10 @135.12. Hope to find a 9 something with at least with a 1.4's or 1.5's 60's.

·
Registered
372 Posts
if you do any gearing and clutching try this, install a top gear that is 1-3 teeth LARGER than what you currently run. i know what your thinking gear up it'll slow down right? WRONG, within reason, trust me, the reason is that when you gear up you are giving the motor more of a chance to hook up witout spinning the track, not only that but when you gear up in your chaincase you actually force your clutching to stay in a lower ratio which is more efficient. your better off with tall chaincase gearing and low cluth ratio than vice versa ive proved this at my track 100 times over. as a matter of fact i switched from 23-43 gears to 26-43 gears this w/e and shaved 2tenths off my et. you got nuthin to lose by trying and it just might surprise you. as far as your 60's go have you tried dropping you needles to see if that helped? jetted down on the mains? keep one thing in mind if your not to familier with tuning 'ONLY CHANGE ONE THING AT A TIME OR YOU WONT KNOW WHAT HELPED OR HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' you could also put a little more pretension in your secondary. let me know what happens and ill try to help from there, definately try the taller gear....it works. w00t :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know that the gearing is still too low. I geared it up 1 before I went last weekend. Now I have 25/38 . But 25 is the largest top I can get for an rx1. I'll just go to a 35 bottom good for 142. Jetting a 4 stroke turbo is a little different I think. My traction problem was'nt right off of the line but out about 15 feet when the turbo went full 10 lbs of boost. I did'nt change alot of clutching but played with chassis changes. What I learned after about the event I went testing on was a sport compact car event, 90 percent of the cars were on street tires, spun all the rubber off of the first 100 feet. Allso the track people did'nt spray much track conditioner on the track. By the way it pulls and the mph it's got some hp. Thanks for the advise about the gearing and clutch ratios it makes sense, as long as the belt don't slip instead. Also will it make a difference by adding air dams and tapping off vents, it's still my trail sled.

·
Registered
327 Posts
machz1, gearing up may help but also may not be the answer. Gearing up will only compensate for improper clutching. You are staying in a lower ratio as to grip the belt...........if you figure out your clutching then you will allow better grip and able to use the whole clutch. I run an Avenger on my sled with jackshaft sensor which calculates my clutch ratio. on a 700 doo triple I run 22/44 and reach full over drive at about 660 ft - 700ft. The sled will run 125 mph in the 1/4 and only has about 165hp. I have cool clutches as well.
Machz1....get a hold of Dyno Joe. I currently use one of his helixs and if I told what the angles are ........or what I think they are(and I am close on this) you would laugh. But look at my HP and my mph and gear ratio. Its all about exploring new roads. I will never go back to runnning a helix similar to a 54/48 ever again.
Let me tell you that once I got this avenger with the sensors, I started to really learn about my sled. You wouldn't believe the amount your clutches are shifting in and out on a pass. I am now getting a nice clean pass. Just need to work on the first 1.2 seconds.....which is in my suspension. I currently run 1.43 60ft.

·
Registered
327 Posts
machz1 looks good. Still using stock skid or aftermarket?

pic of mine with the airdam before I painted the light weight hood.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts