Snowmobile World banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
its aftermarket, wahl asphalt two, it hooks really well. i also made my own light hood, used to work in a boat shop,them skills come in handy dont you know....lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
This past weekend I managed to get into the 9's
went 9.85 a couple times, mph was up to 136.56. But 60 foters were'nt that great with 1.57-1.65. Who knows what it would run with a 1.40ish 60 foot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i need to get my 60's down.. I am in the 1.73-1.77 range... I know that is horrible, even for a 500. any suggestions? I have tried stiffening and softening the rear suspension. dialing up and down my front shock springs. I can get it to lift the skis 6" or none at all, either way i am anywhere from 1.73-1.80. I dropped my 8th mile by .3 when I get my skis up about 3" or so which dropped my 1/4 by .3-.4 but I just dont know where to go with 60's.

little info, stock F5, stock gears (19/40) engaging at 5300, rev's to 7k then shifts to 8k by 100ft or so. I have a dalton 52/46 helix, 50.5 gram weights, red/white secondary in second hole, pink erlandson primary. I have tried steeper start angle helixes, heavier weights, a real shallow 48/36 helix, all with diminishing results.

I still need to turn my oil pump down some more cuz it is still using too much oil, but the plugs' color is good, besides the extra oil on the threads. I am running 330 main jets.

This is my first year running asphalt, so I am still learning a lot. Having a lot of fun though. best run is now, 12.42 @ 101.76... not bad for a 500, but I really want to hit the 11's, I know its possible

·
Registered
372 Posts
is that pu$$y cat efi? if it isnt try playing w/your needles and pilots.does she puff alittle smoke off the line? does it feel like it pulls real clean all the way through? is the exhaust sound revy or alittle dull compared to winter time?

·
Registered
195 Posts
nah, 500 carb. I have been talking to a few people, and they are saying the best i will ever see with it is a 1.70 or 1.69 just because of the power valves not opening until the rpms get up. about 100ft out it comes alive once it shifts. no smoke. I have played with the needles, they are just about perfect, if i go up or down, i get a little hesitation. havent played with the pilots at all though exhaust sounds good. I have it revving about 100rpm less than in winter and that gets me the fastest times... I have tried a lot of different combos there, I am going to try a couple different helixes and see if that helps out a little. maybe a 54/46 or something like that

·
Registered
372 Posts
firecat,
sounds like your on the right track just keep playin youll get it. as for the power valves not opening ,that actuallt makes you quicker down low thats the purpose of doing that,basically when you close off some of the exhaust port at lower rpms it moves the torque band down lower to work with the lower revs. i would have to say that i agree w/your friends on the 1.6's as your best, i ran a 583 modded last yr and was running 1.49-1.55 steady.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was also told that my track sucks for 60' times. my buddy runs consistant 1.37-1.39's at his track, comes to mine and runs 1.5's. I will be making it out to his track for some testing soon, so hopefully I will pick up a little there. I am havin fun though, that is all that matters right? :D

81 - 89 of 89 Posts