Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few more questions now that im getting close to being able to put the thing back together.

1) yesterday i decided to take the drive sprocket and test putting it into the chaincase before i assemble it in the sled. I noticed it was hard to get the bearing into the chaincase. Is there an easy way to get it in besides banging it with a hammer?

2) what's the easiest way to take off track clips?

3) is there any special rope i need to use for the pull rope? (to start the engine) Mine is getting short from all times we've had to cut it to get the handle off.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I have a few more questions now that im getting close to being able to put the thing back together.

1) yesterday i decided to take the drive sprocket and test putting it into the chaincase before i assemble it in the sled. I noticed it was hard to get the bearing into the chaincase. Is there an easy way to get it in besides banging it with a hammer?

2) what's the easiest way to take off track clips?

3) is there any special rope i need to use for the pull rope? (to start the engine) Mine is getting short from all times we've had to cut it to get the handle off.[/b]
bearing should not be to hard to get into the case. if you have to tap it in make sure you do so on the outer race. tool for removal of the clips is the easiest way to get them off. rope , yes , most dealers have plenty. you order from DK , I have seen , they sell it as well.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The chaincase went on easier than i thought. its on now, no problems

Can i use just any braided nylon? Or do i specifically need pull rope?

Is there another way to get track clips off w/out the tool? Dont want to spend anymore $$$

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
never tried any other rope. yeah I have used screw drivers and channellocks on the clips. you asked for the easy way. :wink:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, ive already discovered the channel lock to tighten them, just cant get a screwdriver to work to get them off. Guess i should've asked, whats the cheapest way to do it and how.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Use a disc grinder to score a groove the flat side then stuff a large screw driver under the plate and pry sideways

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Make sure you don't cut the metal clip all the way through or cut the rubber beside the clip.

Keep multi-tasking. Winter is coming. LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, all thats left to do is put the engine in, put the left ski on and all the basics. (electrical, pulley guard, muffler...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts