Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to pick some brains!! I have a 96 Mach 1 670 HO , love the sled , however I've moved from Ont to Newfoundland , some great riding up here , but a lot different from riding in U>P Mich and northern ont. Hence the reason , i'm wanting to swap out a mint condition C-7 for somesomething with a little more travel, and can handle this rougher terrain , any and all suggestions are welcome , Sincerely IDigem , here's a few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
is say an sc II at most a III would sit so high in the back you couldnt ride. post in skidoo they will help

·
Registered
160 Posts
SC10 will can be used but may require re-drilling of some holes. Was standard issue beginning in 97. From skidoo.com

All Mach sleds have the following new features:

SC-10 High Performance rear suspension w/ ACM
Comfort of long-travel and performance of rising-rate, coupled rear suspension

Same F-2000 skid.

Dunno about SC10-2 or 3.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think you have to redrill the rear holes. There have been many threads in this forum that cover that exact upgrade. SC10 and Sc10 too...

I think the SC10 III is more work involved, and might serious change the suspension and steering dynamics of the sled...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just installed a sc10 3 in my sons 94 MX F chassis - you must grind the rivots off the rear suspension brackets and move them forward - -- mounting distance for sc10 and sc10 2 are
24 3/4 inch center to center (use same front mounting hole) for the sc10 3 use a 24 inch center to center mounting distance - still using the same front mounting hole as stock -- also when moving the rear brackets forward they move lower because of the taper of the tunnel - so mine worked ok with the picks .. if using a 2004 sc103 they have a bracket welded on the front arm as to mount the front arm in the rev chassis farther forward - dont use the holes in that bracket - just buy a shaft and bushing for the front arm and use the orig hole
Hope that helps
Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
THANK YOU!! I AM DOING THE SAME THING WITH MY 97 FORMULA Z AND THIS WILL HELP. I USED STOCK HOLES AND THE SUSPENSION COLLAPSES EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT I LIFT IT UP AND THEN ITS FINE. I AM GOING IN WITH THE SC10-III.

Just installed a sc10 3 in my sons 94 MX F chassis - you must grind the rivots off the rear suspension brackets and move them forward - -- mounting distance for sc10 and sc10 2 are
24 3/4 inch center to center (use same front mounting hole) for the sc10 3 use a 24 inch center to center mounting distance - still using the same front mounting hole as stock -- also when moving the rear brackets forward they move lower because of the taper of the tunnel - so mine worked ok with the picks .. if using a 2004 sc103 they have a bracket welded on the front arm as to mount the front arm in the rev chassis farther forward - dont use the holes in that bracket - just buy a shaft and bushing for the front arm and use the orig hole
Hope that helps
Scott[/b]

·
Registered
28 Posts
THANK YOU!! I AM DOING THE SAME THING WITH MY 97 FORMULA Z AND THIS WILL HELP. I USED STOCK HOLES AND THE SUSPENSION COLLAPSES EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT I LIFT IT UP AND THEN ITS FINE. I AM GOING IN WITH THE SC10-III.[/b]

Let me know how it worksout. I want to do the same thing with my 93 mach 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts