Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I puchased the ATACC from Holtzman Eng. My Formula does not have DPM, so I picked up this system. It's just like DPM, it starts adjusting at about 3500 RPM. I was wondering if anyone has put one of these on doo.

any help would be apppreciated.

FZ700

·
Registered
791 Posts
Since it just came out I don't think anyone has had snow to try it out. Or even knows about it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yea, I havent even heard of it until now.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
there is an article in the 2002 sept issue of snowtech,good review,it basically states to jet down for the coldest temp and lowest elevation you plan to ride and the ATACC will do the rest,just like dpm..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I talked with someone named Trent a couple of weeks ago about the ATACC after reading it in Snowtech. He said if your not conserned with altitude the Tempaflow would do just fine and a lot cheaper. Only thing I dont like about the set up is all the hoses running everywhere. Just looks like an accident waiting to happen IMHO. :hallo2:

It is set up the same as a Tempaflow, you jet for your coldest riding and it adjust from there up to I think +45 degrees. Still kicking around the idea of a tempaflow, how do they work guy's?

·
Registered
660 Posts
In me opinion, the Tempaflow is the best jetting tool on the market.

When you get it, Throw the supplied hoses in the TRASH. And then burn the trash can. (kit come supplied with FOOD grade clear hoses)

Go to a good quality hardware store and get nylon braded clear hose or some steel braded hose (for the carb fitting) As for the smaller hoses, use a 3/16 fuel grade black hose like goodyear or something.

After the hoses are all installed, by some wire sheething (the black spiral stuff split down the center. This will ensure the hoses will not rub on anything. And a hose that doesn't rub will last forever.

Once installed, You can tune you sled perfectly. Even adding mods is a snap.

I installed the kit and went stock on my sled for trial runs, Run up the grass 1/4 mile consistantly perfect wash (after setting the adjustment screw)

Installed my DG silencer which leaned out my midrange and top so I turned the screw out to richen the system to achive once again perfect wash.

Re-installed my Boyesen reeds. Normally I would drop 2 sizes on mains and 1 needle position. Unstead I made the mid MORE rich to match WOT and leaned out the whole thing be adjusting the compensating screw.

The principle is easy. the Carb fitting creates a suction to the carb vents. But YOU adjust how much suction by screwing in or out the orifice on the Tempaflow.

Once again, good work from Holtman Engineering.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Power Sledder, Thanks for the tips, I'll have to make a run to pick that stuff up before install. I have a MBRP silencer and the engine was blue printed and ports polished. I'm picking up a set of Boysen reeds next week.
Right now I've got the sled set up to -4 degrees, I know I have to drop it to -20 degrees. Is there anything else I should look for? Piston wash?? I've heard of it, is that the discoloring on the top of the piston? What color should I be looking for? light brown or tan?

anyhelp wuld be helpful. Thanks

FZ700

1 - 8 of 8 Posts