Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, the pic site that Dan and I have been working on(mainly Dan)is going to be going down as of April 1st.  I have a free account set up with Geocities that gives us allot of free web space.  What we need to decide is if you all think we should keep the pic site and try and get some space(around 10-15meg)from Corey on the new server or just can the whole site.  All other free sites give a very small amount of room which we have already exceeded, so that isn't an option unless one of you know of a big free web site....
I'm not going to make this a poll, cuz I think we have had enough of them lately
but please let us know your feelings/opinions/suggestions on this.  Open to ANY suggestions.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I think it is a great idea to have user's pics on a web page. Do what you gotta do!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I had to try that one rocketman.
but yea doo what you gotta doo

·
Registered
416 Posts
triple that thought  

·
Registered
668 Posts
just an idea,  but, how about we $hit-can all the old pics and start over.  Let people send in new ones.  That way we can see the latest/recent pics of everyone.  The same old ones get borring after a while....

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skidoomaster, that would work too, but we still need a server big enough to hold all of our pictures....
Do any of you computer geeks know of a free website with enough room to support all the pics??  Like I said, we need about 10-15 meg of room.  As a last ditch effort(if the mass wants to keep the site up)we can beg Corey for some space on the new server if there is room.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Keep in mind, I don't think Yahoo (Geocities) allows you to post pics on their free webpaces to places like this forum. If you want to show those pics in posts, etc. You may not be able to from those free accounts.

Just an idea...

Joe

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Now that is something i like ! changing for new pics, that way when they close down in a month i dont have to worry about transfering all the old pics, but we still need some space, let me check in with corey and see if he can help us with this problem!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be nice if we could just dump all the old pics.  I haven't started to back them up yet, so that would definitly save some time in that aspect.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MichYamaha, we haven't had a problem posting pics yet.  We don't realy have the page to post pics here(on SW), it's so people here can go to that page and look THERE....

·
Registered
720 Posts
That's cool.  I know I tried to post pics I had on a geocities account on sites like these using the {img} {/img} (replace {} with []) tags and it didn't work.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Now that I think about it, best would be a photo album directly attached to the site..perhaps in the form of another forum?
That way you could update your own pictures whenever you want

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We actualy thought of that before we went with geocities, but that is something that goes through Corey.  I can't remember why, but for some reason that idea got shot down originaly and that is why we went with the other site.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Ok, we are working with corey to get webspace on the SW server so who wants to send in new pics of there sled and who wants to keep the old one ? ? ?   Please reply in this topic cause our email are getting bombarded with pics right now !

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
What about using Webshots. Anyone could post their pics to it and then it would be available for everyone to use as a screen saver.

·
Registered
124 Posts
here are some free servers:

Free server list

pick one w/o popups

you also know, i would asume, that you can have pictures in more than one location for a web site, like, i can have pictures at geocities, and some more at tripod.com, and just have them all show up on one page.
i'm pretty good with web stuff... so if ya have any questions, or would like me to help out, lmk.

- Jason

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Mr Siv, if you look at the properties of the pictures on the page you would see that we are already using 3 diffrent servers, what we wanted was one big server and i think we might have one with SW so stay tunned. Are you good in creating web pages ? drop me a private message or anybody else that wants to chip in ! Thanks all !

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have a site going right now.  I have 50mb deticated just for visitors pics.  

I wouldn't mind hosting all of the pics and doing the work on them.  I can include them as Visitors pics, or I can start a whole new section for snowmobileworld.com members pics.

Check out my site below.  There isn't a whole lot on it right now because of this crappy winter.  I would be glad to help in any way.

Thanks.

-Josh

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DanR @ Mar. 05, 2002, 12:51pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mr Siv, if you look at the properties of the pictures on the page you would see that we are already using 3 diffrent servers, what we wanted was one big server and i think we might have one with SW so stay tunned. Are you good in creating web pages ? drop me a private message or anybody else that wants to chip in ! Thanks all ![/b][/quote]
Guys,

We can give you 500 megs if you need it. Drop me an email.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts